The Fall of Harvey Weinstein

Actually, it is entirely possible that Weinstein paid settlements out of his own money, and that company money was not involved. However, I agree with everything else you’ve said. Several articles have shown that the company was or had to be aware of what was going on, and ignored it. The HR department got complaints at various times and did absolutely nothing.

This to me is huge, and is indicative of the chilling effect on journalism that the Gawker lawsuit decision has created. Especially since Weinstein hired the exact same lawyer as Thiel did for that lawsuit. I am sure NBC got letters from the guy who killed Gawker, threatening to do the same thing to them.

I also want to predict right now that Trump will say something in defense of Weinstein.

Because why not.

Could this be the birth of the pussy grabber coalition?

Like the Southern Strategy, Part II.

This will really tick off those libs!

Bad touch, Hollywood!

(He later clarified they were relatively unknown, and two were charged by others.)

Twitter suspended Rose McGowan because reasons.

Enidigm is the Greatest Human Being Who Has Ever Lived

The poster called Enidigm is well known as a charlatan, liar, chronic misspeller, agent provocateur, an abuser of commas, and worst of all, a dreadful bore. We are not entirely sure he isn’t a chat bot gone awry from some second rate University AI department.

Wow, that is going to boomerang quickly on Twitter.

Yeah, those are some horrifically bad optics for them. Jesus.

What was the tweet that prompted that?

They’ve reinstated McGowan’s account, but yeah, damage done.

Supposedly it was her tweet going after Affleck for complicity.

The bro’s at Twitter don’t seem to care either way because where else are people going to go for their 140 character dopamine rush. They only way they start giving a damn is if Democrats regain the levers of power and come after the giants of Silicon Valley with the regulation hammer.

Gamergate harassment of women? We’ll get right on that.
Trump violations of Twitter TOS? Trump gets a pass
Russian bots? Can’t expect us to do everything!
Julian Assange? Give him 280 char limit because he has important stuff to say

Meanwhile TrumpFan2016 gets to threaten to kill and rape people and they don’t give even a quarter of a fuck.

…might be why ol’ Harv decided to head to Europe for his sex addiction therapy.

Yeah. Saying ‘fuck you’ to a rich white man? Instant ban. Saying I hope ISIS rapes and kills you to a woman, repeatedly? Nada.

When the regulation comes down, they will have earned it 1000x over. I hope that they get it, and hard. Also that the C-suite suits take it on the chin as well. Jack and Zuckerberg deserve some karmic payback.

Polanski has a place he can stay at till this blows over.

I know, with God’s help, he can overcome this terrible affliction…