The Fall of Harvey Weinstein

I don’t think Depp, so far has been part of #MeToo. I won’t fault that problem squarely on his ex-wife because that’s completely unfair, but so far most of these cases has not involved spouses really, or even long-term girlfriends. I am not sure if anyone has really defined it yet, but it looks like work relationships, casual acquaintances and strangers to me.

Depp is definitely included- there is a lot of ‘just believe what she says’ around her abuse allegations. Currently, JK Rowling is getting a lot of flack for keeping him in the cast of the next Potterverse movie.

His issue with his ex was an issue before the movement. It might be coming up now because of his role in that movie, but it’s not coming up because of #metoo.

I can’t believe a child molestor is still in a Senate race. Why hasn’t someone shot this asshole yet?

Roll Tide, rednecks.

I guess I just think of #metoo as shorthand for the greater movement of ‘we need to respect women, in what they say and how we treat them’. Your millage may vary, of course. The Depp issue started before #metoo, but it has legs because the movement does.

Jesus fucking Christ.

One night in Chicago, I felt his hand up under my slip on the inside of my thighs. I was completely surprised and tried to bat him away while watching the stage for my cues. After the show he was busy with the producer and director so I had no access to him to address it. It then happened almost every show. Six to eight shows a week. I couldn’t speak to him in the moment because I was on a live mic. He kept it up and got more and more aggressive. One night he actually started to stick his fingers inside me. Night after night I went home and cried. I withdrew and got depressed and did not have any good interpersonal relationships with the cast. How could the same man who fought to get me the job, who complimented my work, who essentially launched my career, who gave me the benefit of his wisdom as an actor, how could he also be this sexual power abuser? Was I doing something? Was it my fault?

God damn it Hoffman.

What a stud that Trump is! Any woman should be honored that he tried to slip his circus peanut into her.

Noice.

No wonder Trump loves Fox so much, all those attractive women

You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Fortunately, he got ahead of this story by denying the Access Hollywood tapes. Case closed!

Mario Batali the latest who has been credibly accused.

Man, once we get into celebrity chefs, I feel like a big chunk of that industry could come crashing down. Because yeah, that shit is rampant in the food industry, at all levels.

I’ve seen it at the low levels, I can imagine it being VERY rampant, since it seems like absolutely nothing is done about it, at all. I think you called this 100% correctly, this is going to come down hard and fast.

In my years as a restaurant manager, I fired at least a dozen people for sexual harassment and counseled/suspended at least that many more. And in my years as a waiter, I saw soooo much shit going on. Even some stuff that seemed sort of consensual (manager or owner and employees) had the whiff of quid pro quo to it at times.

I wonder how much this will impact non-celebrities? It’s great the Hollywood actresses will be less likely to be harassed going forward, but will this translate to women working for everyone else? How influential can Hollywood be in changing mindsets so common, so old and so deeply rooted?

It helps if the people men look up to aren’t scum themselves, especially for young men. It’s not just Hollywood at this point. Hollywood, Congress, tech, food.