The Fall of Harvey Weinstein

PBS is suspending Tavis Smiley because of accusations, I read yesterday. Noooooo! Not Tavis too!

Morgan Spurlock is up next.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqc244

McDonalds is all like, “If only this happened 10 years ago.”

I think they’re doing fine.

I always wondered why McDonald’s didn’t commission a counter documentary called “Minimize Me” where a guy lived only on McDonald’s salads for a few months.

Or soup. :D

I’m conflicted; cynically somehow this feels like a play for attention—even if it’s negative. “How can I make #metoo about me?” I know I should be encouraged to see people admitting and taking responsibility for their actions, but somehow coming from Spurlock it feels a little gross, like maybe this is just a calculated step zero before undertaking a documentary on the subject.

For me, the parts that grate were the bits where he pushes back on the women. According to him, the alleged rape was just in her head, and the woman he was insulting at work sort of blackmailed him into a payout. Then he wraps it up with a half-assed excuse of being abused as a kid. Gross.

For real? Goddammit.

I can’t believe Sarah “I ate all the pie” Huckabee is defending Trump from these renewed allegations. She is going to go down in modern history as the worse press secretary we’ve seen, the most vile, the most brainwashed, the most disgusting. She should be ashamed of herself.

I would love to hear Sarah Sanders’ internal dialogue as she prepares for press conferences. She’s clearly not stupid, and knows she’s pushing lies and propaganda. Unlike the typical Fox-viewer, she’s in a position to understand what is true and what’s bullshit.

How does her rationalization process work? What makes her think it’s OK to lie and lie with so little compunction, and to defend a man so ill-suited to be a functional adult, much less a POTUS.

Oh yeah I’d heard about that and totally believe it. I was being somewhat facetious.

Party before country. Results before honesty.

Does anyone think a presidential press secretary takes the job expecting to speak the whole truth, nothing but the truth and an unvarnished truth?

The job requires that you put dresses on pigs. She just has to do it 24/7 while most don’t.

And the feeling of power. She has the ear of the president who lets her bullshit reporters in the White House. She can pick and choose who can be there. This is the best job she will ever get. It feels great, fuck the consequences.

Tavis Smiley strongly denies all allegations:

Put simply, PBS overreacted and conducted a biased and sloppy investigation, which led to a rush to judgment, and trampling on a reputation that I have spent an entire lifetime trying to establish.

This has gone too far. And, I, for one, intend to fight back.

A few key guys being suspended by the NFL Network for harassment. I know, I know, meatheads and bros of sport have harassed women? Inconceivable!

This seems like an example of why workplace relationships are tricky. He might see it as a simple consensual relationship, but the other person may start wondering about her career. And outside observers will judge too, fairly or not.

It sounds like he had anger management problems too.