The Fall of Harvey Weinstein

On the topic of Tavis, Twitter led me to this ostensible-expose by Jacques Hyzagi:

I found it interesting at first but the writer’s palpable condescension toward… everyone (he calls David Hockney a ‘senile gasbag’ and sniffs that Charlie Rose thought Caravaggio was Hockney’s neighbor) gets rather galling.

I couldn’t make it past a few paragraphs. I sometimes feel like I live in a different world from these people.

Because being paid $180,000 a year to power trip in the White House and stick it to the dirty libtards every chance she can get is like a fucking dream job for Sanders. She will never, ever, have a better gig than this, but even so , she still walks away from the experience with credentials that will land her something else fairly cushy afterwards, even with the Trump taint still fresh on her.

As you say, Sanders is not stupid, she knows full well what she is saying and being asked to say. Thing is, it doesn’t bother her in the least. You can tell just by watching her, she actually enjoys making statements that send the press corps into a frenzy. She relishes every moment she gets to fuck with America…she is Goebbels in lipstick.

That’s not been Spicer’s experience so far.

Sean Spicer was never really a true believer in the Trump cause. He started as a Navy public affairs officer and then went into politics. Go back a few years and he was hanging out with relatively sane GOP folks. His communications work from 2011 in the RNC was competent and moderate.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders has always been a hard right ass.

I still don’t forgive Spicer (first day on the job he told a bald-faced transparent lie to the American people ex cathedra whitehouseis), and his Emmys bit made me want to puke, but yeah, he doesn’t have the dead-eyed reptilian gaze of Sanders.

Yeah, don’t get me wrong. Spicer’s inability to really sell the BS he was slinging under Trump isn’t a credit to him. He’s still an asshole for doing the job at all.

Yeah Sanders had a job forever at Fox News once the admin leaves. If nothing else she can do something with Breitbart or Infowars. She’ll be making high six figures till the day she dies most likely from this.

And how is the relevant as to the future of Sanders (which was the question at hand??

Spicer is having difficulty because he’s weak and convinced exactly no one when he said the things he did for Trump. He can’t work for the hard right because he’s seen as a lame-ass. He can’t go back to a moderate spokesperson position because he has the stink of an ineffective liar about him.

Sanders will do just fine after Trump, assuming she isn’t sucked into a legal proceeding.

I miss Spicer. He at least looked like he felt terrible inside about all the lying he was doing.

Not sure where to put this:

According to the complaint, Martucci on the night of Feb. 14, 2015, witnessed “an extremely violent and belligerent” Ashmawy become verbally abusive toward two women at Milford’s Dimmick Inn, Dawn Jorgenson — the wife of John Jorgenson, the owner of the bar — and Joey Lynn Smith, a bartender there.

Martucci also said he saw Ashmawy physically assaulting Dawn Jorgenson and Christina Floyd, another woman at the bar, a claim echoed in police statements given by the women and reviewed by FP.

According to a three-page statement dated March 12, 2015, Dawn Jorgenson said she witnessed Ashmawy “clearly sexually harassing” the bartender throughout the course of the evening and saw his behavior spiral toward physical violence. “You’ll give me drinks, but you won’t fuck me,” Ashmawy allegedly said to the bartender, according to Dawn Jorgenson’s written statement.

I don’t. Spicer was an incompetent idiot who embarrassing to the country. If had a backbone he would have quit early.

Sarah is intelligent and at times an effective liar. She reminds me of a less talented Leni Riefenstahl.
Now admittedly, she is the propaganda minister for evil, and vile man who intends on destroy our Democracy,

As Senator Bob Kerry once said about “Bill Clinton an unusual good liar, unusual good,”, Sarah is also unusually good, and so I have a grudging admiration for her skill.

In Leni Riefenstahl’s defense (did I just write that?) she didn’t just spout party-line lies but was a distinguished director who crafted sequences of great if corrupted beauty. So, yes, less talented… much less talented.

With Spicer you could tell it pained him to lie all the time. Eventually he lost control on the press corp after Trump banned half of them. Not his fault, bit he was complicit. He wasn’t convincing.

Sarah Huckabee just comes off straight up evil. Is pretty frightening that these people have power.

All true, I think Goebbels in lipstick is actually the better comparison, but @SlainteMhath has the copyright on that lovely phrase, plus Goodwin.

Meet the Fockers. Or at least the Fucker. Or would that be the Fucked? Regardless, I think he’s done. We’ll always have The Graduate.

These famous rich guys, who could probably date almost anyone they wanted to, and they abused random women instead.He’s such disappointment, all of them are really, but some of them just…I wish Carrie Fisher was here. She’d have lots to say, a no hold back list probably.

Yeah I’ve had the same thought.

I read the Variety article. I think Hoffman is done.