The Fate of the Furious - Fast and Furious 8

April 14th. The question isn’t “will it make a billion?” It’s “how fast will it make a billion?”

[quote]
Now that Dom and Letty are on their honeymoon and Brian and Mia have retired from the game - and the rest of the crew has been exonerated - the globetrotting team has found a semblance of a normal life. But when a mysterious woman (Charlize Theron) seduces Dom into the world of crime he can’t seem to escape and a betrayal of those closest to him, they will face trials that will test them as never before.

From the shores of Cuba and the streets of New York City to the icy plains off the arctic Barents Sea, our elite force will crisscross the globe to stop an anarchist from unleashing chaos on the world’s stage…and to bring home the man who made them a family.[/quote]

I enjoy the gonzo mindless craziness that this series has become.

OMG day one, no question, so there. Can’t wait!

I’m hopeful we can get an Assassin’s Creed crossover where the crew enters the Animus and we see Dom in ancient Rome racing around on chariots and the like.

I mean, with this series, I can see this happening.

This has to be the one where they go to space, right?

Wait, I assumed they had a space mission or two in the last couple of movies. How has this not happened yet?

The big hangar in “El Segundo” is a stepping stone to their own JLA-style Watchtower.

Full trailer:

I’m in. Shocking twists!

Statham is back?! Shit yes.

I just realized I never saw 7. I know they’ve long given up trying to be a car movie so they can just be an action movie, but the jump from 6 to that trailer for 8 is pretty jarring without seeing the 7th movie.

Oh you gotta see 7. Got. To.

I never thought I’d see Charlize Theron in dreads.

Early reviews are not terrific, and not in a “these films are all mindless” way. The complaint here seems to be that this movie neglects the “our family” stuff that a lot of fans expect.

On the financial side, it’s projected to blow out the box office and make a profit on opening weekend.

BUT THE FAMILY IS BREAKING UP.

Seriously, I’m just here to see the Rock beat Jason Statham like a Cherokee drum. The rest is icing.

I hate that Cherokee drum line. I don’t think it’s racist, right? But it’s just weird. Who says that? Is that a real expression? Why not just “I will beat you like a drum”?

It adds a little extra spice to the line, a rhythm that it wouldn’t have otherwise. It’s utterly ridiculous, which is why it works.

It’s a really great bit of wordsmithing. “I will beat you like a drum!” is fine, but adding “Cherokee” to the line clearly puts the image of bare hands slapping the crap out of a skin-covered drum into your mind.

It’s genius.

“It’s 1:38!!”
“What?”
“When does the movie start?!”
“These are the previews.”
“But the movie said 1:20!”
“They always show previews!”

Apparently this movie is drawing people to the theater who have literally never been there before. Probably going to do okay at the box office.

Hmm…

Last year, Dwayne Johnson posted this on his Facebook account:

Also…

Now, this is all I’m going to be watching out for.

You might say he was… furious!

Amirite? Please like.

Well, the movie is ridiculously awesome and should be loved by anyone who has enjoyed the last 3 outings. It’s basically just one big Tex Avery cartoon at this point.