The first annual (unofficial) QT3 Game of the Year Award nominations!

Since I have taken next week (mostly) off I’m going to go ahead and use some of that time to help determine an (unofficial) QT3 Game of the Year!

So…
Ladies and Gentlemen of the academy, it’s time to nominate your picks for the (unofficial) QT3 Game of the year!

Here’s what I need:
-Please enter your top five (or fewer) games for 2006 in order of preference as a post in this topic.
-There will be separate categories for PC and Console games, so go ahead and choose five of each.
-Order does matter! I’ll be weighting the responses (if I can figure out the math) so go ahead and put your favorites first.
-Commentary is encouraged, but please make your nominations in the following format to make it a little easier on me:

CONSOLE
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3
Game 4
Game 5

PC
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3
Game 4
Game 5

Here are the rules:

• One set of nominations per account. (Both PC and Console)
  • Voting closes at 12:01 AM PST on December 27.
  • In order to be valid a game must have shipped in 2006.
  • Nominate any valid game in the category for whatever reason you want.
  • Your first voting post counts! If you change your mind edit your first (voting) post by the deadline. Edits made after the deadline will void your vote.
    -To be a considered a valid nomination your account must have made at least 30 posts on QT3 by the time voting closes.

What happens next?

• I’ll compile the weighted nominations and use them to create a top five for each category.
  • I’ll then post a limited poll that people can use to vote on the (unofficial) QT3 game of the year from those five. One award for PC and one for console.
  • After five days of voting a winner will be declared in both categories.

Other info:
I will take official status if the entity will grant it.
I will also take assistance if someone offers to help. I’m especially hoping that someone can help find humorous or interesting posts made on QT3 about the nominated titles. PM me if you have something in mind.

Okay, that’s it! On with the show!

Would it make sense to have portable as its own category? I kind of think of that as just as seperate as I do PC from home console games.

DragonQuest has changed everything.

Placeholder for my votes.

PC:

1. Oblivion
  2. Company of Heroes
  3. Galactic Civilizations 2

Console:

1. Oblivion
  2. Gears of War
  3. Saint’s Row
  4. Dead Rising
  5. Chromehounds

I’m gonna have to wait till I get home and do a full review in order to figure out what the final order will be.

(My problem is I normally play older games on my PC because I wait for patches and such, plus honestly good games are pretty far in between for PC).

CONSOLE
Wii Sports
Guitar Hero 2
Excite Truck

PC
Oblivion
Neverwinter Nights 2

Eh, that’s about it. The rest was WoW.

Sort of a boring gaming year for me I think. There were any number of games that seemed OK, but very little that I really enjoyed. Haven’t bought a new console yet.

Console:

1. Xenosaga III. Tried to think of something better, couldn’t. Inferior to Xenosaga I and II, though.
  2. Final Fantasy XII. I suppose.
  3. Okami. Got a little old after a while, but still a very pretty game.
  4. Was there something else I liked? Pump is sucking air.

PC:

1. Meh. Didn’t play any PC games that deserved an award.

I haven’t played many PC games this year, so I will only list my top 5 console games.

CONSOLE

1. Zelda: Twighlight Princess
  2. Gears of War
  3. Guitar Hero 2
  4. Dead Rising
  5. Chibi Robo

Someone (Koontz?) had a nice poll tournament going where GTA:VC beat KotoR.

Shall we call them the Koontzies?

Good lord. To think that anything could be inferior to Xenosaga II is astonishing, and that it could be the top of your list is amazing. I played through the last 2/3 of Xenosaga II in a cold fury, just wanting the damn thing to be finished.

CONSOLE: meh!

PC: MTW2
played tons of other stuff, but most of it is either ‘meh’ or a tad older than 2006. I’ll have to look at my boxes when I get home…

There can be only one nominee:

Next-Gen Console Fanboyism

Best game all year.

Eh, it’s just one of these sequels, and the rules haven’t really evolved at all since the original version.

-Julian

PC:

1. Oblivion
  2. Hitman: Blood Money
  3. DEFCON
  4. Company of Heroes

(Don’t think I bought any new console games this year, just stuck with bargain bin/used older titles)

pc:

1. Half Life 2 ep1
  2. Guild Wars Nightfall
  3. Guild Wars Factions
  4. Fear Extraction Point
  5. Tomb Raider Legend

console:

1. Gears of War
  2. Rainbow 6 Vegas
  3. Graw
  4. Dead Rising
  5. Saints Row

Anyone know where I can get a list of all releases for the year? My brain and time don’t get along… I have no idea what’s been released this year or what I’ve played that’s actually from previous years.

Since I don’t play consoles, here’s my list for PC.

PC
Company of Heroes
Galactic Civilizations II
Neverwinter Nights 2
Space Rangers 2 (officially released in NA this year)
Dark Crusade

There are plenty of other games that might have been competitive on my list had I actually played them. However, of those I played, this is my GotY list.

PC

1. Civ4 Warlords
  2. Space Rangers 2
  3. Galactic Civilizations2

Don’t play much console.

Ha, 31 posts just snuck in over the minimum.

For a list of what’s been released go to:

http://tinyurl.com/yln2e7

PC:

1. Company of Heroes
  2. Dominions 3
  3. Birth of America
  4. Defcon
  5. Titan Quest

No PC, since I have been mostly on WoW, but…

Console:

1. Okami
  2. Twilight Princess
  3. Gears of War
  4. Guitar Hero II
  5. Dead Rising

CONSOLE

1. Dead Rising
  2. Chromehounds
  3. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
  4. FFXII
  5. Bully