The first rule of Doki Doki Literature Club is not to talk about Doki Doki Literature Club

The first thing you noticed about Mandy was her hair. A mad sprawl of tightly coiled dark ringlets exploded out of her head. The curls fell down around her shoulders and roiled like foam at the bottom of a waterfall. Her hair was beautiful and chaotic.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2018/01/18/first-rule-doki-doki-literature-club-not-talk-doki-doki-literature-club/

okie dokie

Just Monika.

I liked reading this review.

Doki Doki Literature Club may the first and only “visual novel” that I liked and played until the ending.

That’s a beautiful way to review a game where just discussing it is kind of a spoiler.

Tom… you’re one hell of a writer. I mean that in the best of ways. Dayum.

Oh God, now he’s going to be insufferable.

Well, that compliment comes from a guy whose native language isn’t even English to start with! So I’m not sure how much (if any) power it would have.

But if for some reason he does go insufferable for a while… well, he’s earned it, I guess. ;)

Where was everyone 4 months ago when I finished the game…

I liked it before it was cool. Also, it is in my 2017 top 10.

So good. So creepy, and I just loved how it fucks with your brain. Reading your registered PC name “Jonathan” that is your name isn’t it? Got my hair to stand on end.

Not to mention the whole deleting save files and character directories as you play kinda thing. Such an awesome free thing.

Also, incredible review 5/5

Ok cool but you shouldn’t spoil these things.

I couldn’t bear to watch the seemingly endless stream of Doki Doki last night. I popped in and out, only to make the occasional, terrible, joke. It must be something though, to have produced this essay. Wonderful, Tom. Also I learned the word glossolalia. …or re-learned, it, since glossolalia seems the kind of word you’d learn and promptly never use again for 25 years. What a lovely, poignant review.

This is an amazing review, Tom, probably the best way to review this game…

Also, I get to see my Patreon review request without having to hope for a draw!!!

Wow - taking me back to the way it used to be when it was good says sober dude. And for some strange reason Beatles running through my head and I’m a Stones guy. Get back get back … So you want to be a paperback writer … she was a Day Tripper.

This was a fantastic piece of writing Tom, thanks for that.

I’m glad my trolling of you led to something good. So Butterfly Soup next Wednesday?

apologies. Fixed. And now I am in line with the thread title.

Great piece! I’m going to actually play this game now. Can’t believe I just said that…

Wow. Well done, Tom. I doubt the game is right for me, but I’ll never think of it the same way again.

Wow. Tom, your writing is in top form. What a fun read!

Is this one of those anime sex games sold by JList?