The Flash (CW)

That said, I’d say that Flash had–by far–the stronger opening this season. But I’m intrigued by the possibility of a supernatural element entering Arrow more directly (mind you, it’s been danced around, between Ras Al Ghul and the like), so I’m definitely down to watch both.

In the end though, between these, Agents of SHIELD, Gotham, and now Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow, I’m in fuckin’ superhero TV hog heaven right now :-D

No…
Spoilered in order to protect a potential story point

Iris is Wally’s aunt.

Ah ha!

This just released on Netflix, and we just watched episode one - Wow that was great! Does the series keep being this awesome? I havent read this thread for fear of spoilers, but REALLY enjoyed the first episode. Seems I have to watch Arrow as well!

You dont need to watch Arrow to keep up with The Flash with one exception. They have a crossover thing where they ran one episode on The Flash and the other on Arrow. Still they co-exist in the same tv universe so watching Arrow will help, its just not absolutely necessary. And yes for the most part The Flash maintains its quality through out the series. I was really impressed with the first season of The Flash. The tendency with superhero shows has been to try to keep them grounded. The Flash full on embraces its comic book roots and has fun with it. The first season was great all the way though.

I can attest that you don’t need to watch Arrow to watch The Flash. The first season of The Flash moved it’s story arc along quite well.

Yeah, I finished watching season 1 just recently, and I really liked this show. There was a more serious part of me that was bothered by the scientific gibberish, their handling of time travel, the usage of Captain Cold and his posse (seriously, people with guns are really lame Flash villains), and other plot issues…but that part of me was generally overridden by the ‘fun’ part of me that just enjoyed the characters, the dialogue, the rapid plot movement, and the comic book action & special effects. It’s just a fun, fun show, and I liked it a lot better than Arrow. The new season premiere left a lot to be desired, I thought, but I’m hoping that’s just because it was the first building block.

And yeah, I haven’t seen season 3 of Arrow yet, so I can confirm that’s not necessary to enjoy the Flash (though, there are a few plot points to Arrow season 3 which might be given away…nothing too mind-blowing, though).

Just saw the episode where Felicity is in - Such a great show, really digging it!

So last week we had Atom Smasher, and this week a sand guy. That’s two of the JSA (at least, the mid-2000s version) brought over from Jay’s world. I’m hoping for a Sentinel/Green Lantern coming over next, though that’s probably a long shot. Or maybe Hawkgirl, could be the first to be converted to the good guys.

“Super-smart lady cop bent on revenge” isn’t doing much for me yet, but maybe she’ll grow on me. Feels like we’ve got another love triangle in the works there, which just does absolutely nothing for me.

Speaking of love triangles, sure looks like Caitlin is being set up to fall for Jay and then have Ronnie make a return. The whole Stein-has-a-seizure thing feels like a setup for The Return of Ronald.

Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned yet, but The Flash killed 2 people the last 2 episodes. No prison, no “Arrow’s secret island”, just straight up killed. They had him feeling remorse for the first guy (even apologizing to him right before he died), but this week’s villain didn’t even get a nod.

I meant to bring this up, actually - I saw sand guy shatter and I told my son, “holy crap he just killed that man!” and my boy reminded me they killed Atom Smasher. Now, it’s possible they didn’t realize the methods in both cases to win the fight would be fatal to the other combatant, but at least someone should be like “oh, crap, I did NOT think we’d kill him!” or something.

Still, death is probably preferable to being trapped in that tiny little cell and sealed away until the end of time*.

*or the next prison break…

That’s a good point. It feels like the assumption is “people from the other timeline don’t really count”, and I wonder if maybe they’ve got something coming up to question that assumption.

There’s also a difference between organic matter that looks and behaves (kinda, beyond the whole self-willed movement thing) like sand, and sand made out of SiO2.

The seizure thing is probably more of Stein becoming the solo version of The Human Torch…damn…Firestorm since Stein is the one who is going to be in the time team-up thing.

According to wikipedia entry for the new show, the next firestorm will not be Ronnie but some mechanic. It would make sense that like Jay, Ronnie was dragged into Earth 2. I do wonder who Zoom is. Harrison wells is too easy.

My money’s on the E2 version of Eddie Thawne, just to make deciding how to deal with him extra-painful with Iris involved.

I think it’s the really Harrison Wells, well, Earth 2 Version of him. With full legs and full ego.

Apparently Cavanaugh was on record as saying he’d only come back if he got to continue playing a villain.

My guess is that Earth-2 Harrison Wells never got Eobard-ed, but wasn’t a naturally nice man, either (unlike E1’s Pre-Thawne Wells). Instead, his metahuman “research” facility is some sort of creepy bid for power.

But I don’t think he’ll be a metahuman himself. More of Lex Luthor-esque figure: all power, money, and brains behind the malice.

One thing they never addressed is why Earth 1 Harrison Wells isn’t alive and well, as Thrawn was never born and hence couldn’t kill him in the fake car wreck. Or, for that matter, how they all remember someone who never existed in the first place.

I think the forum has an answer/discussion for that question something like a page back? I’m pretty sure I’m not imagining that it happened

Edit: Phew, I’m not crazy, here it is:

And some discussion branches off from that

It’s a noble effort, but like most time travel things it just makes your brain hurt rather than making any sense.

I mean, it’s perfectly logically consistent to say that a Thrawn from some timeline could travel back in time and then be killed by Eddie, creating a new timeline. That’s fine, there can be an infinite number of timelines.

But that time-travelling Thrawn must by definition come from a timeline where he was in fact born. So what doesn’t make sense is having Eddie shoot himself make time-traveling Thrawn disappear. Under those rules then time-traveling Thrawn should have just laughed when Eddie shot himself and said, “Obviously I’m not from any of the timelines where that happened.”

I think this gets filed under “don’t think about it if you want to enjoy the show,” just like Jay Garrick waltzing into STAR labs … when, we find out later, he had no powers.

(Part of me hopes that they’ll “explain” it by saying the STAR Labs gang has totally screwed up time, first by Eddie’s sacrifice causing a paradox and then by closing the singularity should have destroyed the paradoxical timeline. In my version that’s why Rip Hunter would show up in the spin-off - to repair the damage. But I doubt they’ll allow Eddie’s sacrifice to be a mistake; it’s not that kind of show.)