The Flash - Warner/DC movie, not the show

Huh, Batman looks to be a much bigger part of this movie than I had thought.

Batman was a big part of the story it was based on.

Okay, I’ll watch this. Great trailers. Happy to see they’re going in a different direction adapting it than the Flash TV series.

I still want a Batman Beyond film.

Hot damn, that is some fine Keaton Batmanning!

andre-braugher-hot-damn-2204070531

Seconded. That waa fucking outstanding.

Fucking awesome. I am down for this. Even moreso if I can go in blind without relying on any other knowledge other than “This is Superman, this is Batman, etc”. I’m tired of having to participate in 5 other movies and a TV show or two in order to understand a movie.

For sure. They just released a new comic that might be up your alley. I’ve got it on my reserve list at the library. I’m assuming this is batman beyond + flashpoint from the title & cover.

Interesting, thanks! For me, Batman works so well as the aging, weary mentor in a way that doesn’t fly for other heroes. (Prime career Batman is wonderful, too.)

In contrast, I haven’t really been drawn to the various “Batman is missing/dead/not Batman yet” genre shows that have cropped up recently. If we can have a good Superman and Lois show, certainly we can get a good live action show with an actual Batman? Retired Batman would be fine.

It’s really hard to get me interested in a superhero movie/show these days, much less excited, but this has me excited for some reason. Probably because of Keaton.

I feel like I have seen the entire movie. :D

Also the money shot from this trailer:

I keep reading this sentiment! There’s an easy solution…
;)

I don’t plan on seeing it in the theater , so by the time it hits streaming my old man brain will have forgotten 90% of the trailers I’ve seen for it.

There’s a big spoiler already floating around out there, the kind that you’re likely to piece together even from an oblique “non-spoiler” headline, so watch out.

Not the exact spoiler, but the headline that was enough for me to correctly guess what they were hinting at: “The Flash Director Spoils The Movie’s Most Shocking Cameo”. The cameo in question had occurred to me as a possibility earlier, so of course I read it and confirmed my guess.

Aw, the '89 Batmobile!

So, wish I hadn’t had so much spoiled ahead of time (like, two years ago!), but this was a very enjoyable movie.

Ezra Miller was really, really good in this. If they continue to keep their act together and show appropriate shame for their past behavior, the performance is impressive enough that they might still have a career.

Many wonderful DC fan moments. Kid and I both really enjoyed it.

So does Keaton need to come back and have a full new trilogy? :)

Looks like Gunn and WBD are happy enough with the director anyway.

I don’t want to get into details until we’re further along, but I am confused and frustrated by a lot of these “fan moments”. The more I think about it, the less happy I am with the choices they made.

I also wish they hadn’t given away so many of the big surprises in the trailer. The callbacks lose their impact when they’re all shown ahead of time in trailers.

Haha I’m about to watch The Flash.

It’s a pretty decent movie, and if the protagonist wasn’t apparently a giant POS I’d like to see more of them.

What I am sure I’d like to see more of in DC movies, is Keaton and Sasha.