The forces of Chaos finally declare victory in Warhammer Online

Title The forces of Chaos finally declare victory in Warhammer Online
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When September 18, 2013

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning is closing down. Mythic Entertainment's embattled MMO based on the Games Workshop fantasy license will be turned off on December 18th. Producer Carrie Gouskos broke the news in a reflective letter to the community..

Read the full article

You'd think they'd at least have tried going free to play before shutting their doors. Maybe GW didn't want to go there?

My brother was a big fan of (parts of) WAR when it came out, and he decided to check it out a few months ago.

A GRAVEYARD. It was exciting when he saw another player - he ran around for several hours and saw about a dozen. This announcement should have happened a while ago.

This wasn't a great game by any definition, but I have to say I liked their approach to pet classes. In some ways, it was like controlling two simple characters at once. I would prefer to leave it at that, but someone's going to say it, so, yes, the actual balance of those classes meant that they still weren't very fun to play.

"Free to (Insert verb here)" is the antithesis of every business decision Games Workshop makes.