The Foreigner - Jackie Chan stops being a nice guy

Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan. Directed by Martin Campbell

Based on the book, The Chinaman by Stephen Leather

This looks better than I expected!

Oh damn. I’m very much there.

I like this trailer!

For a change Jackie Chan is shooting around instead of only beating guys up with this fists. And Jackie Chan with a vengeance is fresh compared to the clumsy fighter you usually see in his previous movies.

Do not watch the trailer if you like good action movies. It contains too many spoilers.

Wait until is released, and if the reviews say is good, watch it.

The trailer makes me feel good vibes here. If that helps.

I agree. The trailer was great, but it did give away too much.

Hopefully I’ll forget what was in the trailer by the time I see the movie.

Ohhhhh, me likey.

Oh holy crap this looks AMAZING

Yay! That looks great!

Jackie Chan stars as Liam Neeson in The Foreigner.

I saw a lot of previews for this yesterday while watching Football. The best kind of previews too, the kind that show lots of action without spoiling any story beats. I hope this does well and ushers in a new era of Jackie Chan movies.

Or at the very least, isn’t a big flop like Blade Runner 2 seems to be.

I can’t wait to watch this, this weekend. First up though, is the MLP movie tomorrow with the whole family.

Hopefully you guys caught Jackie’s other modern movies, I really liked what he was doing in Police Story: Lockdown.

Anyone watch this besides me? I quite liked it. The best and worst part was Pierce Brosnan’s accent, though. Wow.

You know, the last few Jackie Chan movies have left me cold as ice, sometimes coming and going so fast I felt like I had double vision. But this one, I don’t know. Feels like the first time.

Saw this last night. It was only quite a way into the film when I realise it was the adaptation of Stephen Leather’s “The Chinaman” and that’s why I had realised what was going on. I enjoyed it, good to see Chan in a dour, serious role.

Watched this last night. Very enjoyable, and very good to see Jackie in a serious action movie without his usual slapstick action.

I caught this one a couple of days ago and thought it was pretty awful.

I have serious problems with watching aging action stars who are quite frankly too old for this shit ;)
Watching them throw their wrinkled bodies around with copious amounts of green screen and fast cuts to cover their decrepitude just makes me sad and pulls me out of the movie. See Harrison Ford (and now Jackie Chan) as prime examples.

Also, this movie felt cheap (like most British productions) and was a snorefest.