The forum maintenance thread

Qt3 Status page:
https://ping.quartertothree.com/

The forum is going down at 10:15pm EDT (27 July) for about 10 minutes for maintenance.

laughing-no-gif-5

But the background bitcoin mining processes are broken and we have to fix them!

Ok, we’re back.

Yay! thanks @Clay

not sure where this goes. but fyi the main forum link, no longer includes Games. Maybe it never did but it seems an odd omission for a games site.

https://forum.quartertothree.com/

I got “Games”. Maybe you blocked the category accidentally?

EDIT: Like see below. The upper right hand of P & R is "muted there. So it doesn’t sow up on my main forum page.

Anyone else got a 502 error earlier? Lasted about five minutes for me.

504 for me. Yeah, about 5 ish minutes. We need to broaden our horizons, Rich.

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. Reality does not conform to the ideal, but confirms it.Reality is a question of perspective; the further you get from the past, the more concrete and plausible it seems — but as you approach the present, it inevitably seems incredible.

That was me giving the DB more memory, trying to speed up posting a bit. I think it may have helped? I dunno. It didn’t slow it down, anyway.

Does this translate into:

“Giving the Hamsters more Meth?”

Not at all. Qt3 runs on 100% grade A organic cornfed tapir.

@stusser, @jpinard PMed me on Steam and said “Cloudflare is reporting a Bad Gateway (Error 502) when I try to connect to QT3.”

What, now? This was a couple hours ago.

Oh I see the frontpage. Yeah, I see it.

Same here. He literally can’t see it as I type this. Some Detroit mirror server issue. Should I have him clear cache and whatnot?

I went into Helpdesk mode. Told him it is prolly a latency issue from the mirror servers and to clear cache, cookies, restart, and log in fresh.