The forum maintenance thread

Awe man the LOGS page is private. :(

Clay, when it happened to me I was posting in two threads, text only. I got 502’s in both, they were in P&R though, those are fairly large threads.

Testing locally I noticed the main forum A record had changed to 104.25.123.104. I added that to be bypassed from our work content filtering and either that did the trick, or the problem just happened to stop at the same time. Now that David2 mentions he has the issue as well, I’m thinking it was just coincidence.

That’s cloudflare, the IP will change from time to time.

Yep, not really a problem, I was just making sure the error wasn’t local to us. Our content filtering is a pain in the ass that has been the source of more that a few issues with sites.

@Clay

I tried a post with an image, but closed the browser and tried again without and it still failed. A test to other threads, had no issues, obviously

Anyone else able to post in Boardgaming in 2018! thread? I’m still getting the error.

Im thinking if someone else gets a post in, it may fix the issue :)

I couldn’t post either. I assumed I would be able to when I saw @Clay was able to, and was going to suggest looking at your DNS settings, but then I was getting this:

For long enough I eventually got this:

The forums have seemed very sluggish tonight as well. I thought my internet was just being slow, but my Hulu shows were still in HD and when I did a speedtest I was getting over 800Mbs, and other sites I then tested were normal/responsive. Not sure what might be going on.

Same symptoms here too. And it was just a couple of threads.

Im not and I can post to all forum and threads except for a few. Its very odd.

I don’t know what’s going on. The best I can do is submit a big report, but it probably will take a while for the problem to be evaluated. Are all of the problem topics old with thousands of posts? If so, our best bet for a quick sonution is to close the topics and start new ones.

Other than the Boardgaming one, which ones are causing problems?

Not really that huge in my case. Normal? And I confirm I can post in both of them now, meaning the problem is intermittent. That’s why I asked Stusser about performance earlier.

In Movies:

And in P&R:

I am starting to suspect the reason the long threads get more problems is because they simply are more popular so more people post in them. Need to find cases where short threads have problems.

Is anyone else having an issue posting/seeing jpegs, gifs, etc wherevthe image link is used? Not that it just show a link addy (that happens) but that a blank image is shown instead?

It’s been happening to me since we switched. I hardly care anymore. Gotta click the links. Sometimes there is a very large empty box. That’s it.

Praise Wumpus. Praise Nurgle.

Same here. I assumed it was because I had accidentally blocked something, but other people having the same symptom makes me wonder.

Frankly, I’m starting to think Discourse might actually be junk.

Weird. I’ve never seen that one happen. Maybe you guys are blocking javascript or something.

That was always what I thought the issue was. I have various blockers and filters. My feeling was that I wasn’t going through the trouble shooting steps. I’d be willing to bet that it’s a browser software issue. For me, at least.

No Javablocking here, Stuss. Chrome. Mobile and PC.

Here’s a snip of the last two posts in the gif thread as an example:

Top link is fine, the next ist kaput.

Weird, should just be a straight-up embedded image.

Yeah, it’s happening with simple Jpegs like this.

Link:

Picture Uploaded: