The Frito-Lay (heh)

This post could easily go into P&R or here, in EE. I choose to put it here, becasue it’s just so, uh, corny.

The article goes on to say that she was arrested but the Frito-Lay (heh) man wasn’t. That irks me. (just to get serious for a moment. They both broke the – stupid – law, so they both should be arrested.)

Anyways, back to the Frito-Lay jokes now.

Shamlessly stolen from: http://blog.amygeek.com/2009/06/you-cant-make-this-stuff-up.html

I think the real question has to be: What would she do for a Klondike bar?

I followed the link to the original news article which includes a picture of the women. I think the real question has to be: What the hell was he thinking?

Woman Trades Sex for
Snack Chips
Published : Wednesday, 24 Jun 2009, 11:18 AM EDT

OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma woman has pleaded no contest to trading sex for a box of $30 snack chips.

Police said Lahoma Sue Smith, 35, admitted to making the deal with the man, who said he was a Frito-Lay employee.

Officers found Smith and the man, both partially clothed, inside Smith’s car.

The man was not charged and his name hasn’t been released.

Smith, who police said has a history of prostitution, was fined $1,142 after entering her plea.

Sex for chips. I don’t think she really gets the point of prostitution. Or she was really really hungry.

LOL. I love this place.

Hey Mr_PeaCh, I hope your first name is Tim, because otherwise you just plagiarized that joke.

it’s not exactly an original joke…

I wouldn’t have pulled the plagiarism card for such an obvious joke. I like your oval, though. Snagit? Hypersnap?

…barring time zone differences, of course. If the blog timestamps are west coast, then Mr_PeaCh wins :)

Or, in a world of 7 billion plus people, two of them can come up with the same obvious joke.

Crazy I know.

Dude, I totally stole that joke becuase it was funny and I wanted to share it.

Sodomy?!

You would be amazed at how little a cheap prostitute gets for sex. I couldn’t believe it (when I found out for work, thank you). But then I saw some of the people who were getting arrested for prostitution, and I couldn’t believe people would pay anything to have sex with many of them.

This was actually the subject of a lot of debate in one of the offices where I worked. I was assigned to a courthouse in one of the suburbs of LA, and this town had a real problem (or what they considered a real problem) with prostitution on a few blocks. One weekend they ran a series of stings and round-ups and arrested probably 15-20 pros and almost as many johns (was that ever an awesome Monday at work. I was like, “What the fuck is all this?”). Some DA’s – mostly women – were treating the johns and the pros the same, on Tim’s theory that they both broke essentially the same law. Other DA’s – mostly men – were offering harsher sentences to the pros, on the theory that it’s like being a drug dealer as opposed to a drug user. We tried to settle on a uniform policy, since we try not to have your sentence depend on luck-of-the-draw factors like which DA you got assigned, but we couldn’t agree. People actually got pretty heated about it.

But then I saw some of the people who were getting arrested for prostitution, and I couldn’t believe people would pay anything to have sex with many of them.

Yeah, I know it takes all kinds but … some of the hookers shows I’ve watched on TV have left me wondering. “Yeah, the fat toothless chick spilling out of the ripped dress … how much?!”

If you read the whole article, they were busted both partially-clothed, and she has a history of prostitution. So I don’t know if they were IN the act yet, or merely along the way. And if she has had repeated offenses, obviously her punishment is harsher.

I can see the argument for punishing the prostitutes or dealers harsher, but at the same time…it takes two people for the transaction. Take away the customers, the professions go away. I say hit 'em both the same.

EDIT: Please don’t judge all of Oklahoma based on this woman. Ew.

Or maybe abolish the whole idiotic notion of punishing people for having sex… but I guess that’s not an option.

I don’t know about tim but…

I’ll be here all week. Don’t forget to tip your hostess. Hey-O!

Although I personally think prostitution should be legalized, this is a gross oversimplification of the issue.

Oklahoma. WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED

Which means it’s an accurate representation of laws that indiscriminately ban prostitution – they too grossly oversimplify the issue!