The fun begins at IGMoo

Sorry, another MOO3 thread. My apologies to those on the edge… but I couldn’t resist.

One example… this guy has been around for years, was a beta and a forum mod, and IMHO, a sycophant.

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=267253

just look at the topics popping up.

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=225

I like the one titled… “We waited 4 years for POS?”

The “POS” thread got deleted.

I liked the first reply to this one. If you’ve played for seven hours and want to get rid of the game, you should GIVE IT MORE TIME!

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=3f875f508940daccc612e9c87fe2f3b5&threadid=267412

–Dave

Stop the madness, people. I’m begging you.

Webcam chat, now.

I want to see this.

Those guys really are a piece of work, Chris. Are there any threads titled ‘Tom Chick was right and we’re sorry we were jerks to him?’

BTW, I don’t think he would mind me saying this, but I had a long talk with MOO3’s Infogrames producer last night, Constantine Hatzopoulos. He’s as upstanding a guy as you could ever get in this business and although we disagreed personally on many aspects of the game, it didn’t get in the way of us just being two people talking.

I’ve had plenty of producers refuse to give me the time of day for giving them less-than-four-star reviews. Constantine, on the other hand, is grace under pressure personified.

I wish him and everyone else associated with MOO3 the best.

-Tom

I don’t. I think that the words “burn”, “in”, and “hell” are likely words that I would use when describing the peeps in Quicksilver, their business associates, their significant others, their families, their pets, and anyone who sits on a toilet seat used by one of the above.

But then, I don’t write for any gaming rags anymore :twisted:

–scharmers

Not very surprising. A person from Quicksilver posted some pretty angry comments to that thread. Pretty funny, actually…

Not very surprising. A person from Quicksilver posted some pretty angry comments to that thread. Pretty funny, actually…[/quote]

Got those comments cached in IE, maybe?

Here is at least a part of the post:

Personally attacking us won’t get you anywhere or any of your requests in the game. In fact, it works against you and it already has because you know what? There could be some kind of expansion coming up and I’ve already heard that we WILL NOT be accepting any kind of fan suggestions if it happens.

As Ross said earlier, thanks for making it all worthwhile.

This made the fans a bit angry :D

I just ate dinner and went back to see it and it was gone. Go figure. :shock:

Sorry wumpus. 8)

Here is at least a part of the post:

Personally attacking us won’t get you anywhere or any of your requests in the game. In fact, it works against you and it already has because you know what? There could be some kind of expansion coming up and I’ve already heard that we WILL NOT be accepting any kind of fan suggestions if it happens.

As Ross said earlier, thanks for making it all worthwhile.

This made the fans a bit angry :D[/quote]

:shock:

Poor gaffer. I understand where he’s coming from, I’d be upset too if something I worked on for years was suddenly being trashed by the people who loved it until they played it. It’s like having had a great relationship, delivering the engagement ring and then having to see your fiancee being taped in a German Scheiße video one week later.

There’s another thread by that same fellow who posted the POS one and he says he removed it because he thought it was too angry or something like that.

–Dave

Dude, it’s a game. Step back. Get some perspective.

I’ve been looking. :)

I talked a lot with Contz about a month ago and he really is a good guy. I am sorry to see him have to deal with some firefighting.

Dude, it’s a game. Step back. Get some perspective.

“Perspective” is not my department. I believe that’s three doors down.

It’s nothing personal, really … I feel that fully 53.48% of the world’s population should be turning into crispy pork rinds in hell, and the Quicksilver boys are merely in that number for spitting on SimTex’s grave. Call it a personality quirk, which I picked up for 1 personality point when I hit level 6 in Troll.

–scharmers

I still don’t think in principle that a game with a 7 hour learning curve is not worth playing. I’ve spent probably dozens of hours playing chess and never much enjoyed it. Guess why? Because I suck at it. Doesn’t make chess a bad game.

I’m just saying, if you know going in that there’s going to be a big learning curve, it’s not necessarily a game-killer. I appreciate that some of the comments on the board sound like pure apologetics, and the frustrating thing is that if you haven’t put in the hours it’s hard to know what’s apologetics and what isn’t. But videogames don’t entirely exist in a vacuum. They can exist as part of a continuum with other non-electronic games too, and in non-electronic games it’s often accepted as a matter of course that learning curves can be huge. Imagine if someone said “so I tried to play this game tennis, and after laying down 100 dollars for a racket and another 10 dollars for balls that barely last a week, I was told I would have to spend six months doing nothing but practice groundstrokes before I could even think of playing a match!!! What kind of a gyp is that???”

Still, I will grant this much: high learning curve activities need to have something to keep you going while you’re learning it and getting better. There should be some aspect of enjoyment from the early days, before you have mastered it. So if Moo3 is just no fun at all after seven hours, then one should probably stop playing it. I don’t know that it therefore means “it’s a bad game” though, going back to the chess analogy. I respect chess from afar but I don’t find it fun.

The QS comment spawned a “Fans are unwanted !!!” thread that got deleted as well. A busy day for the forum moderators.

Btw, reading the IGMoo forum since Tom’s review has been blast :wink:

Wow, I called around b/c I wanted to get a copy (hey, I have to give it a chance. Maybe I’ll be one of the 5% who will like it), and the stores are sold out or all copies have been reserved.