~The Game Pass Thread~

Well that resolves my dilemma about whether to buy Last Call BBS or go back to Opus Magnum.

I’m starting to think I’m done with House Flipper. I bought a couple of houses and redid them, and got a decent profit. For a bit I thought maybe I’d try to get a million bucks from flipping houses. But I don’t think there’s much in the way of progression except for the skill points you get from renovating - and I’ve got the majority of them, so I don’t think there’s anything to look forward to. Or is there something I’m missing?

Just the relaxing gameplay and fun with decorating houses - If thats not your thing, probably not.

PowerWash Simulator looks kind of fun, which seems odd because I had no particular interest in house flipping or lawn mowing video games. Have to give it a shot!

That looks as boring as watching paint dry.

Ah, a fellow fan of that particular game!

Nice, I wishlisted Escape Academy after playing the demo.

Maybe I’ll finish Yakuza 0 before it leaves this time…

Looks like Solasta was stealth dropped to Xbox Game Pass yesterday (it’s already on PC Game Pass).

I messed around with the new tennis game last night. Boy am I bad. I think I played 6 matches and they were all 6-0 with two 6-1. I’m playing semi-pro level which is the default. There is a tutorial which is ok. I do have some pretty good rallys so even though I’m getting crushed I’m having some fun.

Yeah, me too. I was kinda undecided about how much I wanted it after playing the demo. I kind of felt it was okay but not outstanding, and wishlisted it thinking I’d play it if the price was right. Well, “included in GamePass” is pretty much the right price, hehe.

Awesome…I love challenging tennis games…will check this one out.

Please don’t take my skill level as any gauge on how challenging the game is :)

I also lost my opening match as Medvedev vs [Spaniard] 0-6.

Phew - almost bought it.

It is worth buying if you’re into oldschool CRPGs and want to own it permanently. That’s kind of the beauty of Game Pass, you can play highly anticipated games like Starfield on day 1 and then buy them a year or two later when they’re off GP and cheap.

Well, Starfield will never leave Game Pass, but your point stands.

True, that was a poor example.

Although I do plan to buy Starfield when it hits $30 regardless. I want to own all the big RPGs.

Maybe I’m just cranky and old, but i have a hard time believing that Starfield won’t be a mess like No Man’s Sky. Glad I don’t have to pay for it. I mean I love their games usually, but I’m super skeptical on this one.

It may or may not be a mess, but the budget is 10 if not 100 times larger than NMS, and the staffing is probably at least 20 times more. If it’s a mess, it’ll be a mess for Bethesda reasons, not because of any similarity to NMS.

I can easily see the procedurally-generated planets being intensely boring and full of Ubisoft-style open-world collection objectives combined with NMS-style resource collection. That’s totally possible. Hopefully not, shrugemoji.gif.