~The Game Pass Thread~

Awesome. Been having a lot of fun playing with my daughter and friends.

Oh cool, maybe if it’s on Xbox they’ll add achievements. Not that I care, but there are probably weirdos out there that do.

I played twice, got Imposter the second time, and ran around killing everyone individually. They kick-banned me in the after game calling me a hacker. Is that a normal Among Us experience?

If the Xbox/Game Pass version is cross-platform just be aware that you may be playing with lots of young-ish kids so that might be a common experience.

Yeah my kids who are 6 and 8 play Among Us. I’ve played a couple times with them and none of us have a clue how to actually play - mostly we just run around randomly looking very sus.

Microsoft already starting to get a bit shady with the different tiers of Gamepass and first party stuff. I have PC gamepass, think I’ll check out the new Gears DLC, nope, it’s only available on PC with Gamepass Ultimate. Keep this in mind with all the marketing about how their first party stuff will be available day one on Gamepass, what tier of gamepass do they mean exactly and will there be new tiers.

Huh, didn’t even realise the DLC was on Ultimate. My baseline assumption with GP is no DLC.

I’d assume that on 3rd party stuff, but not MS first party. It also doesn’t match the model of the video streaming services.

I’d also add that Hivebusters seems like it would have been a standalone thing if it was a Sony product, like Infamous First Light.

Video services don’t have DLC, but OK. The only game streaming service I’m aware of that does DLC by default is Ubisoft’s. Maybe the EA premium PC one?

They do spin-offs and specials though, imagine having to pay extra for the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt special.

I’ve been aware. Microsoft seems to be experimenting with DLC being included in Ultimate. Gears 5 is the only game I know of that has this so far.

They certainly didn’t throw in the Minecraft Dungeons DLC.

Cynical me could see this as a way of getting people to pay for the free part of the shareware model long term. The game is chapter 1, chapters 2-5 are paid DLC, but chapter 1 instead of being free is part of a paid service.

I had similar thoughts myself about the incentive to shrink the base game in favor of paid DLC. However, the upside is that the shareware model only works if the game is good and the player wants more.

I seriously have the feeling like I’m back in the dark ages of fiddling with autoexec.bat and config.sys trying to get stuff to run.

This pass is shit.

Same

You can always buy some xbox live time and convert it to ultimate like many of us have

Yes I’m aware I can always spend more money, thanks.

Or hey, you could always complain about it on an Internet forum!

just chatted to the “MS support” and they say “they are aware of issues and are working on it”

we understand that there’s game that are not able to be downloaded at the moment but once issue will be fixed you could download all of them. and all games that games pass benefits includes. then it will be our best recommendation at the moment, just wait.

And this happened when they tried to integrate EAs games (at least) 4 days ago?
Perhaps they mucked it up then… Seems like a long time to be aware that your service is non-functional and doesn’t just have a bug.