~The Game Pass Thread~

Torchlight III joins XGP (console only).

Once again, XGP provides a nice post-release boost for a game that likely fell short of revenue projections.

Has Torchlight 3 been patched at all since release? I recall people saying it was not very fun.

Looked like they made some patches to fix a lot of bugs and crap that were there originally

Yeah - I wasn’t about to spend money on it, but seeing that its going to be on gamepass, I’ll surely give it a try! I don’t expect much, but the name carries with it some hefty history, and I am curious! Thanks for reminding me!

I was playing it yesterday, and it’s pretty fun! I never played Torchlight before, so I didn’t really know what to expect.

It’s basically a cartoony Diablo… although I feel like the loot rolls are actually cooler, more in line with something like borderlands, in that they can make stuff crazy.

For instance, I found some armor that gives me “+1 to adventure skills” on my little archer dude. This includes skills I haven’t even unlocked yet… it basically means that I have access to ALL of the adventure skills, albeit only at level 1.

But this results in totally crazy shennanigans, as the archer dude plays kind of like the necromancer from old school diablo, in that you can summon stuff… and now I’m a little level 6 guy, who can summon a giant army of stuff, including stuff that you’re not supposed to be able to summon until you’re level 20.

I dunno if it’ll hold up, but initially at least it’s amusing. I also haven’t run into any bugs or anything.

oh - just now noticed its Xbox only - thats a shame!

Woah. I’ve never heard of that before. Usually you always need at least one point in a skill already to get an additional point from an item like that. That’s really cool. I’ll have to install the game just based on this item!

I’ve been enjoying Yes, Your Grace quite a bit. It’s a small game, pretty simple graphics and gameplay but it’s kind of fun running a kingdom and a royal family. It’s what I think of as a nice little amuse bouche, a small game between larger, more time consuming games. And it looks like you can play on Xbox or PC.

Have you seen a lot of bugs in Yes Your Grace? I gave up on it because I kept having UI issues where I couldn’t advance through the tutorial. Just me?

Can’t say I experienced any bugs, personally.

I’ve encountered other items with similar dramatic changes.
Like, I have a skill that summons goblins to come fight for me… but I found a rifle that makes it so that you get +1 to the goblin skill, but ALSO makes it so that now when you summon the goblins, you also get 3 goblin riflemen… which makes it dramatically better.

The only thing I’m not sure about, is whether there is a way to upgrade equipment to current level.

Because otherwise, I’m gonna outlevel these awesome things, which is sad. But if I don’t outlevel them, then there’s a different problem in that I’ll never want to use anything else.

For the record, while the armor that gives you +1 to all the skills seems somewhat unique compared to any other item I’ve found, the notion of giving you access to new skills seems reasonably common, even finding it on blue items.

FWIW, if you like what you see, you should really give Torchlight II a try at some point. It is likely to hold your interest far longer.

Control coming to PC. Yay :)

I enjoyed control a lot.

I just realized, is this thread only for gamepass on the PC? Is there some separate thread for gamepass on the xbox?

There’s no separate thread. So we kind of hijacked this one and talk about the console releases in this one too. Other times we talk about them in the Xbox One thread or the Series X thread. Because there’s no Game Pass on consoles thread.

May want to just rename this thread. I agree I don’t think the console and PC need separate ones.

Or maybe not even bother, since I didn’t notice this was the PC thread until today.

It can be slightly annoying for the PC only subscribers when someone pops in to say some cool game was added only for it to be Xbox only.

It we are going to share the thread than I would suggest starting a message with PC or Console or Both to make it clear when talking a bout a game.

More games leaving soon -

They mention in passing that Gris is leaving soon, I really enjoyed that and recommend checking it out if you haven’t yet. It’s a quick play.

Anyone else only having four games listed in Latest new games section when opening the PC version of Gamepass? This on two different pc’s so far.