~The Game Pass Thread~

This list is phenomenal - maintained by some reddit folks I think

The Xbox.com website list works fine, I think I linked it somewhere upthread. Though obviously a spreadsheet would be more flexible.

Shooting dinosaurs today!

My first thought was, why are the dinosaurs warping around instead of moving smoothly? Then I realized it’s an online only game. I see. That looks very jarring. It seems to happen all the time too.

Are you talking about in that video? I didn’t notice any dinosaur warping.

That’s a good list, though I’m not sure of what all the fill colors mean.

This totally reminded me and the kid of Deep Rock Galactic…but above ground and dinos.

Re that eneba deal, a couple friends got a bunch of used codes from “primegaming”
Everything from the world seller worked great for them

Currently 0.71 a week cdn

I was playing the dinosaurs game (which is what we are calling second extinction) and it’s not too shabby!

Pathways is working fine on my notebook, but is a fairly good gaming machine, even runs Northgard well.
I have issues with Trials of Fire, the mouse pointer is laggy, kills the joy for me.

Big news for developers.

People tend to focus on the console war side but I’m much more curious about the long game on the PC side. I feel at some point they are going to stop putting their own stuff out on Steam or other stores and go back to forcing people into their appstore/GamePass. It just seems inevitable to me. People may balk, and it would have seemed really unthinkable prior to Game Pass, but GP adoption is really going to start hurting Steam IMO to the point that Valve are going to end up having to consider some kind of Steam Pass option.

Hopefully the next news is “Microsoft is trying to entice consumers to its store by making it a vaguely functioning app.”

Same % as Epic. Thanks Tim! :P

Indeed, thanks Tim! Your plan is actually working.

Why are we thanking Tim? When they publishers pass that savings on to us, I will, but that is not going to happen.

All else being equal, I’d rather a bigger chunk of my purchases go to the people making the games so they can pay reinvest in future development, rather than to a storefront.

Right? The store sucks and I only begrudgingly use it because I have to for Game Pass - and I play less GP games than I otherwise would if the store wasn’t so aggressively bad. I’m no mathmagician but isn’t 12% of 0 still 0?

It wasn’t sincere thanks, you know. I don’t care about it as a consumer. I was referencing the fact the movement done by MS has a connection to what Epic started before.