~The Game Pass Thread~

Scuttlebutt is the single-player is great. Just stay away from the monetized endgame stuff. Will definitely be playing this one on XSX.

Out today!

Looks interesting but no single-player?

Avengers! Glad to see it’s coming to gamepass.

The campaign is mostly great. I’ll play it a second time with the fancy new HDR tv :)

Yeah the Avengers campaign is pretty 7/10 good and I am curious about the Panther expansion. It is ideal for gamepass or free weekend (when I played it).

Lemnis Gate looks super interesting. When I first saw the trailers, I had no idea what it was about, but after looking into it more, it looks cool.

I recently bought a new laptop and had the same thing happen to me. I went ahead and accepted the offer (it happens in the windows store so make sure you have that logged in as the account you use for game pass if you use multiple accounts on your machine). It told me that I was signing up to get a free month and then pay them $15/mo after that for my sub, but then when I accepted that it told me it prorated the free month of PC game pass to like 20 days of game pass ultimate and added it to my account. So, exactly what you would want.

If you don’t have autopay enabled it may enable it for you, and I think you can only ever “bank” three years of game pass so if you’re close to having three years left prepaid then wait a month. Otherwise it’s all good.

I actually only did it because I was tired of it bugging me. Worth it.

I understand it’s a 1vs1 pvp game , I never heard of campaigns around this game.

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll do so as soon as I can!

Cool, we’re getting Scarlet Nexus soon.

Hah - I almost bought that last night!

Scarlet Nexus (and AI Somnium Files and ??Might Goose?? - was someone looking for a side scrolling shooter?) is up now! I was sad (in the “I could have gotten it at a bigger discount sense”) that I’d bought Avengers in August but I had fun with it solid B. The gear and levels are pretty silly shades of artificial grind (what is this, GR Breakpoint except you can’t even see the gear?) but the actual punching is solid - Cap has his shield charging and shield bouncing, Iron man has lasers and rockets in addition to repulsors…the move lists are steeped in lore. Scarlet Nexus more than makes up for the “missed freebie” regret though, that’s actually been pretty high on my watchlist since I enjoyed Code Vein.

Looks like Astria Ascending will release in an hour according to its store page, and Unsighted is also today

Nice. I’m starting to develop a feel as to which AAA games might end up there.

EA: Just be patient (heh).
Square Enix, WB, Sega: Probably.
Bandai Namco, 2K, Deep Silver: Good Chance.
Activision, Gearbox, Ubisoft: Almost never, unless it’s got microtransactions.
Sony: 100% so far.

It’s a flood of games! I honestly wish they were spaced out more. Whenever they come out in a rush like this, I choose one or two high profile ones, and I forget about the rest of them until the notice comes that they’re leaving game pass.

Maybe you already know, but you can mark them as “play later” (or similar) and it’ll store them in a section in your library for you to revisit some day.

For that to be a useful list, I really need to cull it. I kept adding everything that looked good that I wanted to try, and it’s just become a meaningless list because it’s too full.

Yeah, same :D

As a fan of the nonary series (999, zero escape,etc) I’ve thought about buying AI Somnium files before. Knee deep in New World now, though

If you liked the 999 games I would HIGHLY recommend the Danganronpa series. The first game ranks up with one of the best games I’ve ever played. I’m stoked that I didn’t buy Nexus as I totally almost did a couple of times. It got really good reviews and looks like a lot of fun.

Scarlet Nexus was on my wishlist. I’d have paid… 40 bucks for that, so awesome. :)

AI Somnium files is supposed to be really good right?