~The Game Pass Thread~

Oh, guess I never noticed the MS Rewards On Xbox before. Thanks for the heads up!

I ignored it because it had no achievements.

Ha! I do the same thing. Once I see no achievements, it’s like it didn’t get added to Game Pass at all.

I’ve been playing the Avengers games these days. I can understand now why the bad reception of the game. It just… doesn’t feel good, the entire GaaS part of the game. Because it really feels it has been inserted in what otherwise would be (potentially) a very traditional third person linear action/adventure superhero game with emphasis on characters and spectacle. Hell, the combat itself reminds me of classic brawlers than other, more modern games, so there the dissonance between that and the other side of the game with:
-online store
-consumables like boosters
-60 skins per characters
-dances, gestures, emotes, banners, who knows what else I’m forgetting
-daily and weekly quests
-faction vendors, mats, loot chests, power level, etc etc
-some kind of battlepass-like progression per character
-currencies and resources
-repeatable grindy secondary missions

It just feels so… icky. More than in other games.

Then you add that the actual gameplay itself is just ‘fine’, ok for a 15 hour experience, but in no way I desire to play 100 hours more of it, and the story is typical bad, senseless, uninteresting comic book affair (unlike the character dialogue, which is surprisingly decent), and it really kills me my desire to continue playing.

So is this the general Gamepass thread? There’s not a separate one for consoles, right? If this is it, maybe we want to rename it?

Regardless, Totally Accurate Battle Simulator showed up on gamepass unexpectedly last night, and I was playing around with it. Kind of a fun rag-doll whacky battle simulator.

They have been dropping gems almost daily. I feel like Lucy with the conveyer belt shoving chocolates in my mouth. They also dropped Visage for both the PC and Xbox. There’s at least 5 games in the last month that have dropped on there that I was going to buy at some point.

And Back 4 Blood drops next week.

My Destiny playtime gonna take a big hit.

And then Halo next month.

and Destiny comes to PC in a few days

Don’t forget about Forza Horizons 5. Like I said… Ridiculous…

If the OP wants to rename it and can’t I’m happy to do it for them. Otherwise yeah, the general GP thread.

It says GP and the PC app thread, so you could read it as not being PC-specific anyway, if you possessed the inclination to be an internet forum pedant as we all certainly do.

A while back, I had seen the upcoming lineup for Gamepass, and thought that was it… but I guess that list was just very select “Big name” titles, because in practice there seem to be an absolutely constant flow of new games, every few days.

At this point, I’m in the habit of checking the gamepass tab when I turn on my XBox, just to see what’s new that day.

In my opinion, the “- PC thread” appended makes a reading of console inclusion impossible, but why was that even put there if there wasn’t a console GP thread?

Generally the way it works is there are two announcements each month of new games coming to the service. There could be games coming in the second half of October that we haven’t heard about yet.

Outside of that, yeah you’ll often see the bigger marquee games announced a little earlier. And then we know that all first party games will be on Game Pass day one. So there’s that.

Ya, I thought this… but I didn’t recall seeing any announcement for TABS, for instance. It just showed up yesterday. But maybe I just missed it.

I think we were yakking about GP in the Xbox One thread for a while before it came to PC, but then when the One-era went away in favor of the Series machines, and Ultimate GP became a thing, we moved all the GP discussion over here. PCMR folks were salty about it, but whatever.

Because the glove fit, thus we must acquit. What?

I don’t care if people want to talk about console-exclusive game pass stuff in this thread, of course. That would be childish. But if you want to pedant, let’s pedant. I don’t see how there is any possible reading of a thread explicitly entitled “PC thread” which goes, “yes, of course console stuff is included.” It’s titled to be a thread for PC Xbox game pass and MS store stuff. But again, pedantry aside, no one actually cares, although I did get a little confused when people were all, “MS Flight Sim coming to game pass!” months after it had already done just that, because they didn’t mention they meant to the actual Xbox itself and this thread is titled “PC thread.” I’d always just assumed there was some console gp thread I’d missed because I do t have an Xbox and haven’t since the 360. But now that it’s all been cleared up for me I doubt, senility permitting, that I’ll be so confused again.

Is it, though?

I read it as minus PC :)

The thread title actually mentions what the thread is about too accurately imho. I think that is actually against forum rules.

I suggest: Highlander thread related to or of Game Pass , by Microsoft.