~The Game Pass Thread~

That’s good news! And tomorrow?? I enjoyed the demo enough to give it a try on GP.

I just need to beat Sekiro first. That game is like a giant, headless monkey on my back.

Leaving soon:

• Carto
  • Celeste
  • Comanche (pc only)
  • Eastshade
  • Fifa 19
  • Five Nights at Freddy series
  • Knights and Bikes
  • Unruly Heroes

New user friends who signed up for GamePass PC for the first time, and who had never ever used the Windows 10 Store, complained about the initial setup and download system being the worst.

Just wait until an install goes corrupt or an uninstall doesn’t actually free up space

Oh man. I don’t think I’ll make any more progress in Celeste, game is too hard.

Carto, I feel like the puzzle I was stuck on shouldn’t be that hard. But with time running out, maybe I should go back and look up the solution and move forward.

Installed Comanche, but never checked it out.

Installed Eastshade but never checked it out.

I didn’t know Knights & Bikes was on Game Pass. I should check that out.

Ohh Birthday present!

Hmm, in the Xbox app, has anyone actually tried accessing the XCloud Gaming console games, but on PC? Because when I do it from the Edge browser (which nags me every time to switch from Firefox, BTW) it works, but in the Xbox app I just get a black screen that never resolves to anything, even 5 minutes later.

I used it yesterday for a half hour or so, and it was a bit flaky until I terminated the Xbox app and restarted it.

I tried that too, no dice, same result. Tried a different game as well. Guess I’ll see if my Windows 10 is totally up to date. I’d think so because it just installed an update a couple of nights ago (a Saturday night, go figure).

My experience in the Xbox app has been like night and day better. In the Edge browser, I would get like half-a-dozen little micro-skips a minute, where the audio and video would just pause for a millisecond. It really bummed me out, and put me off playing on Xcloud.

In the app, it works perfectly. I’m still usually getting (what looks to my untrained eye as) 720p, but getting rid of those skips has really improved the experience.

Well, here’s hoping I can get it to work. I’m leery of installing PC versions of Game Pass games because of the horror stories of failed uninstallations etc. I assume the app keeps itself updated at least?

Is that any good for single player?

f6GRLxH

I played a round on first day where an AI bot had zero kills. ZERO.

Do they ever get kills? The only time I’ve played with a bot it had zero kills every single whatever the pips inside of Acts are called.

And where the post says “tomorrow” they mean if you check the store right now you can install it - currently @ 3.69Gb out of 43.72Gb a couple seconds ago!

Weird. I don’t see it yet, even by searching.

I should have mentioned I found it by searching on the Windows Store and am installing it through there. I’ve suspected that you can find things there before they pop up on the app but I guess this is the first time I’ve confirmed it.

Can confirm - in the store I see an “included with Gamepass” button and can download it from there.

Nice work, warrenac!

Cool to see The Forgotten City coming to Game Pass, I’ve been hearing good things.

God dammit I bought both Forgotten City and Everspace 2 in the last month.