~The Game Pass Thread~

Sweet. Is It Takes Two fun if you don’t have someone to play it coop with?

If not, maybe I can play it online with my 11 year old niece. She played Overcooked with me online, it was a lot of fun.

Unpacked sounds like it’s right up my alley too.

Here’s the ones leaving on November 15:

• Final Fantasy VIII HD (Console and PC)
  • Planet Coaster (Cloud and Console)
  • Star Renegades (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Streets of Rogue (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Gardens Between (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • River City Girls (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Anything here I should be trying before it goes? I played through The Gardens Between and I would recommend that to people. There’s a couple of spots in which I got 100% stuck and just couldn’t figure it out, so if you’re like me, have a walkthrough handy on your phone while you play it, otherwise it will take months to finish.

Streets of Rogue is an AMAZING co-op game and highly recommended. River City Girls is also really good 2 player game.

It’s obligatory coop.

I had for the longest time pending to try this game. Now or never I guess.

I played it with my 11 year old son and it was great! Tried playing it with my non gamer girlfriend and it was a bust. It’s not for non gamers

It’s not particularly long, so half a month should be plenty of time.

It Takes Two requires co-op, and is easily one of the best games of the year. So much creativity and endless variety, so enjoyable to play!

Yes and Yes. Sad both are leaving as I will now be buying them :)

I could finish it with a 5 years old playing the other character. She had previous experience, like playing Super Mario 3d world with me. The trick in any case, was to switch controllers in some places so she always did the easiest part.

There’s another deal now that you can get 3 months for $1. People in the reddit thread had mixed results, but it let me cancel the subscription I started just last week, get refunded, and subscribe again 3 months for $1 (I’m US region - it may have something to do with your region?)

It works fine. I started it yesterday. US works for sure.

My sub is expiring - I was going to ride the year out with a 3 month Stadia promo from Google One, but I might add this on it as well just to have more random games to try out. I wonder if you can do the 3 months for $1 on GamePass PC and then add another month for $1 by upgrading to GamePass Ultimate and how long this promo will last - I figure I should try to start this as late as possible to get more time when my subs don’t overlap.

Getting Age IV installed over my lunch break today and man, this app is a nightmare.

I canceled a sub that I had and got refunded, but it wouldn’t give me the offer again so I grabbed it under a different MS account. I have 3 so one of them usually has an offer ready.

ProTip: never ever have to use the app unless you want Xbox friends social interaction on PC. Just grab the games from MS Store app directly (still a pain in its own way)

I tried Nuclear Throne last night. Man, talk about good, crunchy satisfying sound effects. I really enjoyed my first game. The Assault Rifle and shotgun are really great.

FLÄSHYN

The Game Pass download speed for me is abysmal. Not just since yesterday. It never gets above 35mb/s, heavy ups and downs. Whereas STEAM lets me download with 110mb/s which is the best I can get.

Is this a Microsoft thing? Anybody else with this problem?

I usually get between 150mb/s and 250mb/s. Yesterday’s Psychonauts 15GB update got downloaded really fast.

Every once in a while I’ll get slow speeds. But usually at those times I get slow speeds on Steam as well, so resetting my Google Fiber router fixes it.

Mhm, thanks. So no global-Corona-throttling-thing as I have read on the Internet…