~The Game Pass Thread~

Xbox Live Gold 12 months on sale for ~$50 at Newegg ( $59.99 + $10.50 off w/ promo code SSAY2523) for the next 14 hours only .

Walmart now actually does have Xbox GamePass Ultimate on sale:

Edit: actually you can save $2 at Amazon (I only checked since Walmart limited me to purchasing two).

Amazon limits to 1, I ordered 2 from target so not sure if they are limiting them or not.

My game pass ultimate ran out last month after 2 years of the original deal. Thanks to all the @stusser reminders on how it works I just did the same thing again. Though instead of 2 years of Gold I bought 3 from New Egg.

This time as expected I had to pay $15 to convert all three years to ultimate instead of $1 but I am now good for the next 3.

Amazon limit seems to mean only purchase one at a time. I purchased a second one a few hours later and it seemed to go through okay.

Amazon has them for $20 / 3 month. You can get 9 months for $60.

Okay, so one more clarification for this Game Pass newb: The first time you update your XBL Gold subscription to Ultimate, it costs $1, but subsequent times it costs $15? Any other wrinkles I’m missing?

(I’m working on a post we can sticky!)

I don’t know if I’d call it a wrinkle, per se, but if you don’t first let your Ultimate expire, and you try to enter xbox live gold redemption code, it will get converted into Ultimate at the following rates:

https://forum.quartertothree.com/uploads/default/original/3X/2/a/2a30be7379b048ef45b39172bed479dc9fe0b49a.png

So it’s way better to let it expire, and THEN get Gold, and THEN convert it at 1:1 rate instead.

I read a bunch of warnings saying while you are entering codes don’t accept any offers to convert it then or add a cc. Wait until finished entering all your codes.

I didn’t get any such offers though. I just plugged in the codes and then signed up for a month of game pass ultimate which charged 14.99 to my credit card, and now all 3 years of xbl gold where again converted to 3 years of game pass ultimate.

I highly recommend folks check out mortal Shell if you like souls games. It plays very well.

I’m vaguely tempted, but Elden Ring is in a couple of months. Do I want to burn out on Souls-likes before then? Hmmm.

It’s only like a 15 hour game (I hear, having not beaten it).

Really? That’s actually not so bad. I’m used to spending dozens of hours in these things (failing over and over, of course).

It’s an indie game (and it shows, just a little), so they didn’t have the resources to make it sprawling.

I tried Mortal Shell a couple of times, and it never really worked for me. Didn’t gel with the whole ‘hardening’ gameplay thing, and those extremely well-hidden bear traps that blend in with the environment everywhere made me furious! :D

Oh god, the bear traps. Yeah, those sucked, but you could bait enemies into them, too.

I just fired it up on y’all’s recommendation and the basics are strong. Looking forward to more, particularly b/c I’m ready for something new; I’ve been playing DS again on my Switch and the 30fps and the total familiarity I have with the first 1/2 of that game makes me happy but a little itchy for newness.

The first time I was ejected from my shell and then got back in was pretty cool.

Game Pass or PC for $14.99 for three months. Half off.

Says $20 for me.

Newegg does have the same $20 deal with a $5 promo code, though.

Same for me - $20.