~The Game Pass Thread~

I couldn’t get Ghost of a Tale to launch, so I looked over in the reviews section and found this, and it worked for me:

Of course Mass Effect Legendary Edition hits game pass in a few days. I just bought it last week for my series x.

I’m not ready! It hasn’t been long enough yet to revisit Mass Effect.

Fantastic! My patience is rewarded!

From your link:

Outer Wilds is coming back to Game Pass, it looks like. I’m disappointed to see Anucrusis is going to be Early Access. I thought that was coming out soon, but I guess not. And Spelunky was the hardest game I’ve ever played in the modern era, I now get to experience first hand whether Spelunky 2 is even harder.

Has anyone heard of The Pedestrian before? Maybe the same genre as Death Stranding? (Walking simulator). Edit: Ah nevermind, the description on that page says 2.5D sidescroller.

Cool that the Outer Wilds is back. I wonder if it includes the recent DLC release? Either way, I will continue to evangelize for that game, everyone should give it a try. It’s one of my absolute favorite games. Maybe my very favorite.

I played Goragoa a while back, it’s a cool little puzzle game.

Yes, I bought and played Goragoa as well until I got stuck. It’s pretty neat, but it’s not the type of game where I felt like looking for a walkthrough to get past the point where I was stuck, since it is more of a pure puzzle game rather than a narrative game with puzzles.

It’s a puzzle side-scroller where you navigate a little dude around traffic signs.

This description sells it a bit short. I was browsing the New Release section of the Xbox store last night and saw it, watched the video (didn’t know it was coming to GP, either). I’m intrigued, and 2d side-scrollers are something I’m pretty much never interested in.

Olija looks good

Yessss, Olija and The Pedestrian! And if Outer Wilds includes the expansion, that’d be amazing.

Anacrusis is Chet Faliszek’s new studio’s game…

Yeah, unfortunately it’s the next L4D, which I really have very little interest in playing, and not his take on a narrative adventure like Portal 3.

There’s even a thread!

As someone who hasn’t bought the ME Remastered edition, I welcome our new Prothean overlords.

Yeah, it’s a cool game.

Oh, it’s much harder! The hazards in the original feel like they’re mostly fairly simple and straightforward individually, and the interest comes from how they appear in different combinations and interact with the level layouts. With 2, they really crank up each individual element. I’ve finished the original many times, made it to the secret areas, and even gotten the speedrun achievement, but I haven’t made it past the third area of 2. Keep meaning to give it another shot though, and maybe this is the time.

As for the rest, The Pedestrian had been on my radar as a cool-looking puzzle-platformer and I’m happy to get to try it out. Hadn’t heard of Olija, but I’m intrigued after taking a quick look.

I’ve heard so much good stuff about Outer Wilds, and tried to play it when it was on Game Pass initially, but was getting motion sickness issues with it, exacerbated by it being stuck at 30fps due to being console-only and not updated for Series X. Hopefully it’s been upgraded on a technical level as part of the expansion launch, but at least the PC version is now included as well.

I wonder if old Mass Effect saves can be imported to the legendary edition. I played through the first two games back in the day but never got around to the third.

Gorogoa’s fantastic, definitely give it a try if you haven’t yet.

I realized that Gorogoa is also on PC GP, so installed it on my old Surface 5. It runs well, and the touch controls are perfect (as one would hope with a game like this).

I enjoyed the demo for this!

Gorogoa’s also gets a big thumbs up, finished it in 2 sittings.