~The Game Pass Thread~

But the filters don’t affect the list on the left right? Can you see my screenshot and see which list I’m referring to? It’s on the left side of the app.

Yes they do. The filters maybe have to be applied in your ‘bookshelf’.

There’s only 3 options on the list on the left, correct? You can sort it by A-Z, you can sort it by Z-A, and you can custom sort it (which shows the games in the order you installed them). There’s no way to “apply” anything else to the list, right?

My experience matches what Alistair is describing/showing. Games on that left get removed when I uninstall. Just removed a couple last night.

Are you super sure you uninstalled them? If so did you check to see that you actually got the space back? You may be another victim to the various GP PC bugs.

No, there are a separate set of filters when you’re looking at your bookshelf. You see my screenshot with Games I Own and Installed set?

I suppose that’s possible. The only way to tell if something is uninstalled is to see the amount of hard drive space before and after, right?

A separate set of filters? That controls the list on the left?

Actually I don’t know if they control the list or if something else is going on. But that’s what I have set and I don’t see any of my old titles in that list. What you and Misguided are describing would be a pretty crappy design if intentional, right?

I thought he was talking of this:

the left menu shows the last played games, that includes uinstalled games, I only have 5 games installed, not a dozen.

That would make sense but there are no ‘recently played’ for me… I would have Exo, Anacrusis, Sable in there, on top of MSFS.

Mystery!

Oh, it’s because I have the view as ‘Custom’. Select A-> Z and now it only shows the installed games only.
But… how to customize the custom view??

I think that custom view just lets you set the sort order manually?

Only games showing up for me on the left are the installed ones.

@Rock8man When I uninstall a game, it disappears from the list.

Interesting, so it’s a bug, not intentional?

Pretty minor bug though, compared to the people who can’t get games to run. Plus if it really isn’t giving my hard drive space back, that’s a fairly minor bug too. I purposely bought this SSD to be the “game pass drive”. If it’s not giving my space back, I can always nuke it from orbit and start over, as there’s nothing else on this drive besides Game Pass games.

Have you updated your gamepass client?

1-21-2022 9-30-35 AM

FFS that is not a minor bug! It may not impact you too heavily because you have a GP dedicated drive but if you didn’t and had to wipe the drive that would be a major hassle for a lot of people.

Yeah, that was my situation. After getting burned, Game Pass does install onto a different drive that I can format if needs be but the fact I’m even having to consider those steps is ludicrous and also completely out of reach of people who aren’t tech savvy.

Thankfully it sounded like some changes around that are coming down the pipe?

It’s minor imho, as far as I know its only affecting @Rock8man

:)

I meant in the case of a dedicated drive it’s a minor bug. Especially when compared to something like “this game won’t launch”. That’s a major bug.

Anyway, the list has always been like this for me. It never removes games, it always only adds games. Most of these games used to be on a different drive, and I uninstalled them from there, and installed most of them back to my new dedicated game pass drive. I got all my space back on the other drive, even though it never removed the games from the list.

So I don’t think not removing from the list is indicative of whether or not it uninstalled the game from my computer. It’s a separate issue. I thought it was intentional bad UI design, so I’m actually quite happy to hear that it’s a bug.