~The Game Pass Thread~

No, it’s a major bug that to you is a minor annoyance.

Found a post from last year on HardForum, looks like you can try to get them off, but it doesn’t sound easy.

Your game pass app is like Pepperidge Farm, and it remembers!

Wait, what bug are you talking about?? I read the last two dozen of posts and I still don’t understand it.

Whenever I uninstall a GP game I check my HD size before and immediately after to make sure it actually removed the game. I’ve heard horror stories about games not deleting after showing uninstalled and i’m not willing to sacrifice my speedy drive space to the GP gods.

Game Pass sometimes doesn’t actually free up space or uninstall games and can require a drive format and re-install. That may not be what it is happening to Rock8 but it’s a known issue.

Here’s a huge thread of various App problems

The list on the left side of the app is apparently supposed to remove games from the list when you install them.

But… I already explained that:

A-Z or Z-A doesn’t remove them for me. It’s the same as custom except it’s alphabetical.

Ok. Now it seems a bug :P

Out of curiosity, if you go to Add/Remove Programs (or whatever your version of Windows is currently calling it, Microsoft can never seem to make up their mind) do you still see the games listed there?

I don’t think so. I’ll check again when I get home, but at least when I uninstalled them from my D: drive a couple of months ago, they were gone from that Add/Remove programs but still there in the game pass app.

Yeah you have to make sure you uninstall them via the app. Or they will be there forever. You could try reinstalling them, then removing them via the app. Or the CLI changes I linked above.

I do uninstall them via the app. Right click on the icon and select “uninstall”. The “play” green icon changes to “Install” or “buy” icon after you install it. On their main game pass “page”, if you left click on the icon on the list, I mean.

I was bored…

6251jy

Yep!

Wow - unfortunately my left bar only has installed games, but when I click the “bookcase” icon at the top of it, I have “Play Later” and “All Games” sections both of which include installed and uninstalled games - but interestingly not all my uninstalled games are in that list - I played Neoverse like one evening before uninstalling and it’s there, but I also played all of Code Vein before uninstalling and it is not. At least I hope all my installed games are on that left bar, if any aren’t they will likely live forever on my hard drive because I’ve installed games and not played them (like … everything I haven’t played because of Monster Hunter Rise…)

Turns out I even own a couple games (probably giveaways?) - Tell me Why and Phantom Dust(I don’t know this one at all?!)

EDIT: also - what is customized on the left bar and how do you customize it?! Or maybe this is the dark art that breaks the left bar and I shouldn’t mess with powers I don’t understand.

Selecting custom lets you move favorite games to the top of the list, that’s all I can tell it does.

Right click on a game on the list and select “Move to Top”.

Yes, I know. What a pain in the ass. That’s why I never bothered customizing it. So for me it’s in the order I first installed the games, with the most recent game at the top.

A Game Pass (or I guess more accurately Xbox App) bug that they have yet to fix (that admittedly affects few people here in the States, anyway) is the one that affects people with a diacritical in their Windows User account name. I naïvely used my first name José as part of mine, and that accented é character is the reason I can’t play XCloud games in the app. I can play them in the Edge browser, and on my Series X if I want to use my TV downstairs.

It’s weird because you’d think that they would have fixed this by now for European languages (or is XCloud streaming not available in Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, Denmark, Norway and Sweden?). Is it only people using English-language Windows that have this?

I wanted to recommend Embr… have been addicted to this fire fighting / thief / rescue game. Its charming and fun! Been on gamepass for about a week

After some hours with Nobody Saves the World, I have to say that I’m liking it a bit less than other people.
It’s “* Ding * The Game”. The game is dominated by the leftside bar, which shows your quests (which are main quests, side quests, and class quests that are more like challenges). You constantly will try to complete them, unlocking a dozen classes, each time you do it is a * ding *. You level up your general character, boosting your overall stats, another * ding *. You level up each invidual class, several * dings * more. You can upgrade each individual skill and passive of each class, that’s kinda another * ding *.

So it isn’t the kind of ARPG based on loot, but it’s very based on the addictivness of leveling up.
Beyond that compulsiveness of unlocking and improving, there is a… fine game. Fine.
Not bad, not mediocre, but not particularly great.