~The Game Pass Thread~

Can anyone compare Escape Academy to Escape Room Simulator?

Played about an hour of Power Wash Simulator and I liked it! And boy did I clean a lot of crap!

There’s a number of choices you have to make when cleaning - your pose (standing, kneeling, lying down), the nozzle choice (wide but weaker, smaller and more powerful, and I’m sure more to come). There is a variety of things to clean. You get texts from friends and potential customers as you’re working, that’s pretty amusing. You get some decent feedback when you complete cleaning a discrete part of your job. And you can pull up a ‘tablet’ to view what you still have left to complete (and the percentage done, so you can find that last pesky 1 or 2% you missed). There is an in-game “shop” where you can spend your accumulated income on extra accessories for your washer (this is all “game money” not actual dough!).

Right now feels like the progression is getting a bunch of fancy add-ons and cleaning solvents so you can tackle very specialized jobs. That’s what it feels like now anyway.

Yeah I just did the van and the garden, took a while but good fun. Bought some cleaner for wood and stone and it helps a lot. Might try an attachment or 2 next

Yeah, I’ve done the van and the garden too. The last bit of the Parasol drove me batty since I couldn’t get the proper angle to reach it. Tried to purchase a stepstool but there wasn’t one in the shop. Finally got it by jumping up and trying to clean while in mid-air, and somehow that worked!

Good idea on the specialized cleaners.

I’m dying here at work…need to get home to power wash some stuff.

Good clean fun, I think you meant to say. Get it, because it’s power washing, so you’re cleaning stuff. Ha, I kill me.

A shining example of creativity. Love the pristine UI. Looks very polished.

There’s a step stool already in that yard, FYI.

I don’t like cleaning in real life, particularly, so I fail to see the appeal of PWS, apart from the “not getting wet” part, I suppose. I guess that’s a plus. All the aesthetic satisfaction of cleaning, without the mess!

Power Washing Simulator = motion sickness city.

I have to go lie down now.

Strange, I’m easily susceptible to motion sickness and so far I don’t even feel a twinge.

Power Wash Simulator is surprisingly fun. But it’s hardly a simulation is it?

1. Footprints are not modelled. If I walk through dirt/mud to get to the roof of a car and start spraying the roof, I should be leaving muddy footprints behind me.
  2. It seems this game’s philosophy is “near enough is good enough”. For a large space the game will flash as fully cleaned even when there’s a few small smudges of dirt enough. Not for OCD gamers.
  3. I wasn’t fined for trampling all my client’s flowers to get the last few specks of dirt on a stone wall.

I haven’t played enough of either PWS or Splatoon to feel confident in this but so far I’d describe PWS as “Splatoon Solitaire”.

I can’t decide if I actually like PWS or House Flipper, but for now I keep coming back to both.

Played PWS after work last night for a bit. It was OK. I love washing windows in House Flipper so thought I’d love PWS, but it’s a lot of work and takes too much time IMO. So, I uninstalled it.

Then, at midnight while trying to sleep I tossed and turned and thought, uh, I never finished that backyard so the kiddies could come out and play so I turned the XSS back on, installed the game again, and spent another half hour finishing that damn backyard. So, not sure what I’m going to do moving forward but might keep it on the console and try a few other cleaning sessions when the mood strikes.

I had the same issue last night playing it. Are you playing on the console or pc? I think I’m going to have to switch to PC as I think the movement with the controller is what killed me. And I don’t get motion sickness from pretty much anything.

That’s too bad. I’m like you, I don’t get motion sickness from most things (I tend to be fine in even VR) but for me it’s the Dead Island / Dying Light series. Unfortunately, as motion sickness wasn’t something I had encountered before it took me far too long before I realized what was happening and why I was feeling so off. It was not a fun few hours.

Would toggling to the alternate aiming mode in PWS help?

I had fun power washing last night even though it’s the ultimate silly time-waster. I cleaned the van and the chain swing sofa in the garden. That took some doing. It’s just like real power-washing… gotta find all those angles!

The locate dirt button is more of a cheat than I want. I think I’ll stop using it.

PC. M+KB. Apparently this is not an uncommon problem for people in this game. Some people on Steam recommended using the (as per @rrmorton’s post below) alternate aiming thing.

I might try that…or I might just give up, as, if it works, I’m wasting time pretending to power wash someone’s backyard.

I’m getting more sensitive to motion sickness with games these days. I remember playing Sleeping Dogs (which has a pretty narrow FOV) near launch with nary a problem, then years later playing the Definitive Edition which has a wider one) and getting dizzy. One thing that might have been a problem there, though, was that I couldn’t get the video settings right with G-sync for a while and that made the framerate vary wildly, which is “Lose your Lunch City.”

I have to use that … in cracks and behind those garden concrete blocks…it’s just too hard to see dirt…for me at least. I dont use it until I’m close to 98% or higher though.