~The Game Pass Thread~

My son has a separate Microsoft account on my computer and can play all of my GP4PC games on his account, including purchased DLCs, as long as I install them. So I’m not sure this family plan provides much value for me.

On the same computer, it has no value at all. If you live separately though, could be interesting once the loophole is closed.

They’re just replacing one loophole with another, since I bet it’s totally never occurred to Microsoft that five random buddies who play online together might just split a family membership cost among themselves.

I bought this for my PS4, played for about 10 hours. It’s pretty over-the-top in the amount of things you can do. It’s very “Japanese” with systems tacked onto systems tacked onto systems and the expectation that you can spend hundreds of hours playing video games and being obsessive about collectables or whatever. It’s the Monster Hunter of detective games.

The sales on it keep getting better and better. That’s usually a sign that it will hit GP soon. In this sale it’s currently $18. I think that’s the lowest it’s been.

Yes, I almost bought it, but the fact that every Yakuza game is on GP (some for the second time!) has stopped me.

I just kinda want a Yakuza game that doesn’t have ties to sixteen other games. A fresh start.

I don’t think anyone’s suggesting that Microsoft doesn’t know that this loophole exists. Indeed, I think that they do in fact feel like the added subs they get through this mechanism are worth it to them.

But at the same time, I believe they very much intend for the vast majority of folks to be paying the full price.

There may be some crazy black magic marketing thought going into this, in that this kind of loophole is really only known about by pretty hard core gamers, but then those folks also tend to have more influence on the overall gaming community. So having this kind of hidden loophole makes the platform ultra appealing to those hard core folks (especially when compared to the “normal” price), while still having most of the normies paying the normal price.

No way to prove that without their revenue metrics, but if true it’s a rather brilliant move.

So we’re the “Inner Party” people, is what you’re saying? ;-)

Joke’s on microsoft, I don’t play any of the games I buy or subscribe to anyway!

Also the exact opposite of most price differentiation strategies. Normally you’d want to offer a lower price to price conscious consumers (the normies) while still being able to extract top dollar from the enthusiasts through things like pre-sales, deluxe editions, etc.

One of the things that doesn’t get mentioned here often is the occasional good perk offered to Ultimate Game Pass members. Usually it’s just cosmetic garbage, but when they offered a free month of Crunchyroll, I make pretty good use of it. The latest I used was 2 free months of Hulu. I used every single bit of that. Wow, that was a great two months. Hulu is just on fire this month. I got charged $13 for the first time, and I’ll probably keep it for another month to finish off the ongoing season of Reservation Dogs.

But yeah, UGP definitely saved me $26, as I would have gotten Hulu at this time anyway, to watch the shows I watched.

They had a 3-month trial of Marvel Unlimited as well. I got to read a bunch of old comics, anyway.

Is that still there? I’m not sure how to use something like that so I left it alone.

I dunno. It disappeared for me, but I used it. So I’m not sure if the offer is still on.

WTH Microsoft?

Why can I pause the transfer individually in the Xbox app but not the Microsoft Store app? Or is the stop / play icon (so much for consistency between the two apps even if the queue is the same) means the same thing as pause? Why is there no option to pause from the … button?

I tried Turbo Golf Racing last night and it was kinda fun. I never played Rocket League but I find the addition of golf to the formula to be very appealing. But the game is still in early access and unfortunately it crashed on my fourth round. I’ll definitely be playing it again.

Does every country in the world have to be ok with MS acquiring Activision Blizzard or something? I’m confused as to why they are presenting their case seemingly around the world.

It’s funny that Microsoft had managed to get Sony to waste money that they could be spending on getting games onto their own subscription platform.