~The Game Pass Thread~

Someone asked about hidden gems…

Titanfall 2, one of the best games ever, that ribs of people never played, is on gamepass.

Also, its online community is still totally active and you can still find games easily, which I’m amazed at given the ddos attacks they suffered at one point.

By the way, speculation is that Deathloop will probably join Game Pass on Sept 14th, since the game was a PlayStation exclusive for one year. And that’s the day the year runs out.

I played quite a bit of this when it first came out, although I never finished. Definitely worth a shot on GamePass

I was trying to avoid playing Immortal until I played Breath of the Wild, but I guess it’s not to be. My son refuses to relinquish control of the Switch and Mario games.

huh. sweet. I’ve vaguely been meaning to try that since Tom’s positive review. Maybe I’ll have time to fininish the main campaign on Spellforce 3 (not on GP, but on sale this week) by then.

Ubisoft going steadily along with gamepass. Now there’s one Assassin’s, one Far Cry, one Ghost Recon, one Rainbow Six, one Watch Dogs and one, er, Fenyx :)

Seems like a pretty complete commitment.

Great news for me, I wanted to play that game for a while.

So long as MS keeps paying, certainly. These are all relatively old games too, years past their launch window.

Yay Tinykin! I can’t wait. I loved the demo.

Immortals Fenyx Rising, hated the demo, but I’ll give it another shot.

Holy crap, I didn’t know Commandos 3 was getting a Remaster.

Sadly, the list of games leaving includes Hades! Nooooo! I own it on Epic Store, but I wanted these achievements, and keep my progress.

• Elite Dangerous (Cloud and Console)
  • Hades (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Myst (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • NBA 2K22 (Cloud and Console)
  • Signs of the Sojourner (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Spiritfarer (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Twelve Minutes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Two Point Hospital (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • What Remains of Edith Finch (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • World War Z (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Man, I’ve never heard of most of those games, looks like I have some homework to do. Coffee Talk is kind of funny, that was GwG a while back. Not a bad game though.

Some are new brand releases, like Immortality or Tinykin or Midnight Fight Express.

So: the bad news is Planet of Lana has been pushed back to Spring 2023. On the bright side, it’s confirmed as a day one Game Pass release.

Also, while I’m not really one for rumors, this has been popping up on a lot of sites and in my newsfeed so I’ll share it as well:

Folks are speculating that this tiny little profile picture is from Death Stranding, and that therefore the game may be coming to PC Game Pass. Whether any of that is true, I don’t claim to know.

OK, maybe it’s more than a rumor. Guess we’ll find out for sure tomorrow!

Tom Henderson on Twitter: “Death Stranding is coming to PC Game Pass. The official announcement is tomorrow. https://t.co/QVkuaacNpF” / Twitter

Sorry, had trouble copy and pasting, that’s all I got right now.

I just found out that Immortality is an Edge magazine 10/10, so I’ll definitely give that one a go. (There was a time I could have recited all the Edge 10s, when there were only a handful, but there are 20-odd nowadays.)

Confirmed!

Well darn, if Microsoft is going to spend that much money, maybe I should install and try Cooking Simulator after all.

I didn’t realize this game was released in 2019. I guess somebody really wanted it on Game Pass.

That’s interesting, PC game pass only. Makes total sense, just didn’t think Sony would do it.