~The Game Pass Thread~

Haha, whoops! That’s one of those word pairs you always gotta double check!

If Procession to Calvary is your sense of humor, it’s great. And you should know very quickly whether it is.

There’s a good chance you have a license for it through GWG anyway, so there might be less urgency there.

The sequel is coming to Game Pass imminently, so you might as well try that instead. It’s basically a survival crafter with an animal (well, slime) breeding aspect.

I’d say Slime Rancher is more a collecting, farming, and exploration game. It’s really quite good. My kids and I love it.

I have Slime Rancher on my pending queue, I was interested in playing it eventually. Should I go for the sequel directly? Anyone knows the differences?

Good question. I’m in the same boat. I think Ginger is right, after looking at this preview. It seems to add more stuff, allows for a bigger world, but it sounds like the basic gameplay is going to be very similar.

My impression is that it will be like Subnautica. The sequel will be more of the same. Original entry not required.

Funny you should mention. Looks like it’s in two days.

Ah darn it, Slime Rancher 2 is going to be Early Access. For how long, I wonder?

Man, I can’t believe how much I’m chomping at the bit to try Deathloop and Grounded, this week and next week respectively.

I know Valheim is coming to Xbox (with cross-play) nsxt year, but things like that on PC GP really make me want to install Windows on my Deck.

But Grounded should be a fine substitute until then. A friend and I kicked it around a year ago and had fun, and we’re looking to get back to that with the full release. He’s on PC, though, and we had problems with voice chat at the time, had to switch to Discord via my phone for chat. Hopefully the new discord integration should help with that…

I’ve tried to play this, and really enjoy it - but every single time I’ve been run over by a giant spider shortly after starting playing the game, and I REALLY dont like that.

I thought Slime Rancher 2 was coming out today so I went to Game Pass to install it… and it’s not showing up anywhere. I swear I once saw it on the “coming soon” list but it’s not there any more and when I search for it I get no results. My google skills say it’s going to be available on Game Pass tomorrow, so this is pretty weird. Maybe there will be a new executible to download or some such.

September 22, so tomorrow, I think.

Yes, tomorrow is the release. I thought it unusual that it was on the list and now has disappeared. Or perhaps I’m going crazy.

Thanks for mentioning this. I now know to skip this game.

Just FYI, Grounded does have an arachnophobia mode. The spiders are still there, just kind of, uh, un-spiderfied?

I’d encourage everyone to try this unique title before it goes away. Like I said, I decided it wasn’t for me, but I loved spending about an hour just checking it out. Great multiplayer concept with brain-bending strategy and action but lately I haven’t really been into multiplayer gaming.

Deathloop is pretty good, so glad I held out and waited until it got onto Game Pass.

From that link:

I still hear the name of this game and think of the Matt Damon movie. I probably need to watch the Matt Damon movie now and get it out of my system.

Let’s Build A Zoo (Cloud, Console, and PC) – September 29
Let out your wild side with this cute management sim! Import and breed rare creatures, hire the right staff, keep your visitors happy, and deal with plenty of weird and wonderful events. Then try your hand at DNA Splicing, and stitch together over 300,000 different types of animals!