~The Game Pass Thread~

Anyone try Medieval Dynasty on Xbox. I’m intrigued, but I read mixed reviews of the Steam EA.

Really? Its getting “Very positive” on steam? There will always be someone who doesn’t care for something. If you have gamepass -try it! its free!

For what it wants, it does so very well. Personally, I get motion sickness from playing it unfortunately, so I haven’t played it more than a few hours over a few times, but I enjoyed it then.

Definitely something going haywire over at Game Pass HQ. Cloud Gaming is gone from the PC app, and age verification is blocking me from installing anything on the PC side.

Ugh, what?

Cloud gaming was how I enjoyed playing a good bit of Yakuza: Like a Dragon on very warm summer days in my upstairs room without turning it into an oven.

You’re in luck. Seems to be fixed now. Cloud gaming is back on the menu, boys.

Maybe there was a reason for that brief service interruption-- Microsoft is releasing a dedicated xCloud box. Eventually.

It’s not entirely clear why, when any relatively modern phone, tablet, smartTV or streamer box can handle it just fine, but there it is.

I thought only the newest Samsungs were able to do Xcloud. I would love a little stick I could put into my other TV’s to allow me to play on whichever one is available.

I don’t believe MS released official apps for all the various streamer boxes yet, so you need to sideload them etc. There’s no reason why they couldn’t, though. Just need a box that can decode h.264/h.265 that supports bluetooth.

Maybe things have changed but when I looked a while back you could install the app on a 4K Firestick but it ran poorly.

I haven’t tried it, but my Googling earlier said it functioned but the controls were wonky because it wasn’t made for the device. My guess is it assumes a touch-capable display because it’s made for android phones, so you’d need to use a wireless mouse (or a control app that emulates a mouse) to set it up etc.

Hmm, I’ll have to look into that again then. Of course, if it worked than that would force me to get a bigger TV in my bedroom. At which point it might just be cheaper to get a Steamdeck.

Certainly sounds like a fun little project. And if it isn’t pleasant to use that MS streaming-only device is on the way. Hell it may turn out to be the new Nvidia shield, a very fast capable streamer. It could happen. MS does want to own the living room, remember the infamous Xbone E3 announcement.

Controllers are probably the biggest issue. Even for devices that have Bluetooth, that doesn’t mean they are set up to connect to an Xbox controller, and their Bluetooth stacks are probably not optimized to be low latency.

I had great experiences with GeForce NOW and Stadia on all other devices, but they’re utter crap on my LG TV. Meanwhile, everyone seems to be saying that the Samsung TV app for xbox works really well. So there must be more to it than just plopping an app over.

I’ve played a decent amount of Medieval Dynasty. It does some cool stuff. It certainly seems, last time I played at least, to hit a point where it’s just kind of “now what?,” but I haven’t played it in probably a year, and even with that I mostly enjoyed what was there.

Darn it, I meant to return to Sable, but forgot, so that’s gone now. I’m not sure if I liked it enough to buy it though. We’ll see.

The biggest disappointment for me in this announcement is that I though Phantom Abyss coming to Game Pass meant that it was finally leaving Early access, but no, it’s coming to Game Pass but it’s still Early Access. Phooey. I guess I’ll continue waiting.

Signalis sounds like it could be very cool.

Leaving on Halloween:

As always, members can save up to 20% off their purchase to keep these games in their library.

• Alan Wake: American Nightmare (Console and PC)
  • Backbone (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Bassmaster Fishing 2022 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Project Wingman (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Second Extinction (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Sniper Elite 4 (Console and Cloud)
  • The Forgotten City (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Darn it, I really need to get back to The Forgotten City.

Oh man, SOMA is so good. And I never played Amnesia Rebirth, that’s a nice Halloween get!

Add that Scorn and Plague Tale: Requiem just released and I’ve got my game playing set for the rest of the year.

Just popping in to fanboi Game Pass. I have never saved so much money on games and also not worry about backlog. So many day ones.

Yeah… Gamepass made me pre-order an Xbox Series X today…