~The Game Pass Thread~

Preorder? Is the series X just coming to Australia (?) now?

Actual availability is still a shitshow over here - there is still practically none on shelves, even though they seem to be coming in regularly.

The pre-order is really just reserving one from an incoming shipment in a week or so.

I don’t really know what the heck Frog Detective is, and after watching a trailer … I still don’t. I’ll give it a go though, why not?

It’s just silliness masquerading as a detective adventure game. I guess this new version is supposed to be a little more in-depth (based off the interview I heard with the designer/artist/writer of the series), but mostly it’s a thing whose humor you either resonate with or don’t. For me, the first game I found a little tedious while playing but for some reason I still think fondly of it because there’s just nothing like it. Anyway, easy to get a taste and see what you think, thanks to Gamepass.

For a second I was wondering if that game is Frog Fractions 3.

Darn, was hoping to try Sniper Elite 4 since it actually has decent reviews. I mean, I guess I could still try it and buy it if I like it. But still…

I mean, you can still try 5 :)

You know what? I think I actually confused 4 and 5. Feel better now 😁

I’ve heard The Forgotten City is worth playing. Xbox app says 5-8 hours.

Backbone looks interesting. 4-6 hours.
This Alan Wake is short too. 3-4 hours.

It’s nice to have a break from trying to play all these long games in two weeks.

I managed to finish Echo Generation 2 hours before it left. You guys didn’t miss much if you didn’t play it. Gorgeous, but it was basically all fetch quests & QTE battles. I had to use a guide several times.

PC - Checked out the EA Play section and noticed Dragon Age Inquisition includes the expansion DLCs. I don’t know if that’s new or not, but they weren’t there when I played on console.

I finished it too. It was short, fortunately.

And yeah, really beautiful pixel art style…probably the best I’ve ever seen. The game itself was nothing special, but I enjoyed running around the world.

It definitely is.

If you haven’t played Soma… you should play it. Its a mind bending existential despair type game. really cool! I thought Amnesia was good but Soma tops it tenfold.

I got through the starter quests, but didn’t find it compelling enough to prioritize it over other stuff. Did not care for the battle system in particular.

It’s my turn soon to let Game Pass expire and do the three-year Xbox Live $1 upgrade discount maneuver. I have a couple quick questions:

How do we feel about CDKeys? They’re cheapest right now at $51.something vs. $59.99 elsewhere. Legit? Safe? Morally reprehensible?

I’m a PC Game Pass subscriber… do I need to upgrade to Ultimate to do this?

THANKS, PALS!

Don’t know about CDKeys for Xbox codes, but yes you need to go Ultimate for this deal.

It doesn’t show up under new games, but Vampire Survivors left Game Preview/Early Access, so you can install the full game on the PC Game Pass app now. I just remote installed it using the app. Quite excited to finally try it.

I uninstalled the “Preview” and installed the regular one, fired it up, and was treated to what felt like 5 minutes of dings as all sorts of achievements popped up.

Got it. Thanks!

I assumed this is mentioned above before…I’m still “working for microsoft points” everyday by playing their MS Rewards stuff on the XBox and the Edge browsers on PC and mobile. I’ve been able to earn enough points every month to redeem a 1-month sub of Ultimate. I probably spend about 1/2 hour doing this every day.

I think I began doing this about 1 year into my 3 year Gold->Ultimate flip, and I still have 1.5 years left in my subscription. I’m pretty sure I’ve gone past 3 years by now…I should look it up.

It’s funny that after all this time, I still haven’t downloaded any Halo or Gears of War games to play. That was the original draw for me.

My 69 year old mother has played the first two games and eagerly awaits the third. I don’t know if that tells you anything. I haven’t played them. I just know she likes puzzle games and is frustrated by WASD controls.