~The Game Pass Thread~

It’s inconceivable that we don’t have a review of Frog Detective here from @jpinard.

Eurogamer gave this the rare “Essential” rating.

I can’t tell you what events literally happen in Signalis, the debut game for studio Rose Engine, or in what order they occur. The entire game is an intentionally hazy nightmare. But how it made me feel is clear as day, because it is a profoundly affecting experience, both in the unnerving dread of its moment to moment exploration and fighting and also in the larger arc of its story: a rumination on identity and memory that haunts me. I’ve thought of little else since I finished it. Now, as if struck by a cosmic curse, I intend to bring anyone who will listen into the fold of this masterful survival horror.

In the simplest terms, Signalis is a throwback to early Resident Evil games or Silent Hill, minus the tank controls.

Not unexpected.

And, just because this seems to be speculated about constantly, Spencer also states that Game Pass is profitable for MS.

No, it can’t be, and it is bad for gamers.

I missed that this was a two part tweet - looks like console GP growth is slowing, PC still growing at a good pace.

Honestly, I’m kind of surprised that there are still folks who have XBoxes without Gamepass.

I mean, I’m not really surprised, but it still seems so weird to get an XBox and not gamepass, because gamepass is the main reason for owning an XBox, to me at least.

I’ve got two friends who refuse to get Game Pass.

One of them tried to cancel xbox live back near 2010, and had a hell of a time, and he swore never to subscribe to anything from them again once he finally was successfully off xbox live gold.

2nd one lost access to the original Email that he signed onto Xbox Live with, and he was going back and forth with Xbox customer service for months, and they never were able to help him despite all the escalations, so he lost all his digital purchases on that account, and just created a new xbox live account under a now active email address. And so he also swore off ever having any subscription services from Microsoft or even digital purchases from them.

It does have one downside IMO. It encourages trying things out and moving on if they don’t grab you. I think real appreciation came in some cases from being forced to try again and again at something that you didn’t at first love, but had paid good money for.

It’s like Tinder. Instead of good old arranged marriage. Or something :)

Yeah it used to be a real hassle to cancel Xbox Live - I dabbled back in the original Xbox console era but finally decided it just wasn’t really worth it and I had a bear of a time canceling. It was like leaving the church of Scientology.

Just a data point: A friend of mine hops in and out of Game Pass, buying a month here and a month there. I think he bought 3 months only last year, and none this year.

I also feel the other side of that, which is sometimes I try games right before they’re about to leave the service and I discover I really like them! Like I tried Subnautica: Below Zero recently right before it left, and still find myself itching to get back to that game. But I can’t!

So I’ll just buy it one day when it’s on sale, no problem. But still, that happens to me a lot. I should stop trying games right before they leave.

Yeah I think that is absolute rubbish. I am mad for books, at one point I had a library of 10,000 books and had read pretty much all of them. If I bought a book I read it, I mean regardless I just read it. When my kids were born I sold all my books to someone opening a 2nd hand book store. With Kindle and Kindle unlimited I read books and if they are crap I dump them. I do not have time to see if I will go to like them. I wasted ages I mean 1000’s of hours reading crap that never became good and even if the odd 1 did it was far outweighed buy the rubbish that never did.

It is the same with games and tv shows as well as movies. Life is only 80 odd years and wasting that hobby time on crap is a total waste of time. Dump the rubbish and move to better stuff that is there.

I once cancelled America Online. You guys complaining about cancelling Xbox live are rookies.

I once spent approximately 16 hours at three different stores and another 6 hours on the phone to cancel a T-mobile contract that I never even activated.

A moose once bit my sister.

Signalis and Gunfire Reborn are on the service now.

Somerville has a release date, Nov 15 -

Holy shit what a useless trailer.

It’s a release date reveal, check out one of these older trailers if you want to know more about the game.