~The Game Pass Thread~

Thanks. It was something like the series x equivalent of that first link, and looks like it should work now or at least I was able to click on multiplayer with her profile and have it no longer complain. We’ll see how it goes next time she goes to play with a friend.

At account.xbox.com, under privacy with her account selected I had to set the following to everyone instead of just friends:

terraria-mp-setting

Now seeing howto articles in paper magazines, like it’s 1997. It’s amazing MS is still letting people do this.

Yeah, I noticed that when I google Xbox Live Gold to Ultimate conversion rate, I no longer get the microsoft article about the conversion rate, instead I get told it’s 1:1, and the whole first page of search results is articles about how to do this trick.

I should note though, that despite this Game Pass numbers on Xbox don’t seem to be growing anymore (even though they are growing on PC). Speaking of personal experience, when I tell my Xbox Live Gold friends about this, they always murmur something about having enough subscriptions and they don’t want more subscriptions.

Expect them to grow with Holiday bundles again, if they are doing that again…

Tried out Soccer Story and Insurgency yesterday. Wasn’t too impressed by either of them TBH.

Soccer Story has potential to be a cute Golf Story-esque sports rpg, but it just doesn’t have the same charm and polish. It some ways it feels like a student project that was expanded and eventually released. However, my kids seem enamored with it, so I will probably end up playing more so they can watch.

Insurgency seems like a decent shooter, but I can’t shake the feeling that it just doesn’t work well with a controller. I think it may be the quick time-to-kill, which makes it frustrating when you can whip your gun around as fast to response to threats like you could with a mouse. Also, games like this tend to reward players who memorize sight lines on maps (so they can camp them) which I find both frustrating and boring. I’ll dip back into it later today and try some of the other modes (just played Dominion so far).

I loaded up on Game Pass Ultimate on holiday specials the last few years, I went looking for them this past week and didn’t notice any up. I suppose I might be misremembering and they were previously day-after-Christmas prices. But there didn’t seem to be any major Game Pass Black Friday / Cyber-Monday discounts.

Thinking more along the lines of xBoxes bundled with GamePass Ultimate.

Darktide is showing up on gamepass, probably for most of the day, but I just checked now. :P

My hours in Insurgency are all in the co-op vs. AI mode. It’s a really great way to play it, a surprisingly asymmetric design that works really rather well. It sidesteps the usual stresses of competitive matches but there are still plenty of tense moments if you’re the sole survivor on that final point, desperately holding out for the last 20secs or so as the horde pours in…

Darktide rocks… thank you gamepass! saving me tons of moniez! also can play some NFS for ten hours… about enough id play before waiting for sale! still have plagues and pentiment to finish…

also rumor next month monster hunter rise is coming to gamepass. wtf, still have to finsih persona 5… more jrpgish games… overwhelmed.

Is Darktide playable solo and does it have story campaign or is it MP only and with some unconnected missions?

you can play solo, but you have to queue up and hope nobody joins up… doesnt seem to have solo only mode. the bots are just good enough to play but theyre not as good as an average player (seems to be by design). There is a story, but its more ambiance…like Vermintide and Back 4 blood/L4D. The shooting and melee both feel great… also turn off raytracing the fps loss isnt worth the eyecandy. game looks frikkin good even without RT!

i love the game so far, the ogryn are like the dwarves in vermintide, but huge! the banter between chars just as good as they were in Vermintide 2. so much meticulous lore and atmosphere in game. also the soundtrack is again GREAT! as it was in V2.

Bunch of stuff coming, bunch of stuff leaving. Dragon Quest XI is finally leaving after about 19 years on Game Pass, might want to say your farewells …

Dragon Quest XI, I just couldn’t really get into it. It was charming enough for the first 20+ hours or whatever it is that I played, but nothing happens that really grabs you. I wish I’d have found the motivation to keep going, but I never could. It’s good, but it lacks the urgency of the Final Fantasy narratives.

Edit: Ooooooh, we’re getting Eastward! Glad I didn’t buy that on the last couple of sales on the Nintendo Switch now. I doubt it will look any better on the Xbox compared to Switch though.

Damn. Really good lineup this month. Potion Craft sounds intriguing. High on Life looks weird. Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan sounds from the description that it could be right up my alley. Lego Skywalker Saga got really good word of mouth here at Qt3. Hot Wheels Unleashed has good reviews, I’m really looking forward to trying that.

I probably won’t try Chained Echoes unless someone passes along some positive word of mouth first. But yeah, jam packed month.

I do very much recommend Lego Skywalker Saga. Had a lot of fun with that one.

I too was happy to see Eastward pop up today. I remember Armando enjoyed it muchly.

Also eager to try Darktide.

And, yeah, why not, I’ll play some damn Lego Star Wars! I haven’t played one of those since the Xbox 360 days.

This Hot Wheels edition also comes with 100$ of DLC. Includes all 3 passes.

I only managed to finish Archvale from the last leaving list. Great game though, happy I played it. Will buy Mind Scanners sometime.

Here’s the whole leaving stuff. There’s some good games here:

Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Breathedge (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Firewatch (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Lake (Cloud, Console, and PC)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Neoverse (Cloud and Console)
Race with Ryan (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (Console) **EA Play**
Transformers: Battlegrounds (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Dragon Quest XI is… 100 hours, so yeah. They just added it to PS Plus Plus though so you can keep not playing it for another year if you have both subscriptions. :)

The golf game has some fun challenge stuff. There’s even a Battlefield course.

Ah, that explains why it is leaving game pass 🤨

That Riot/Game Pass deal that was mentioned some time back will be available on Dec 12. Looks like a whole lot of unlock across several of their games -