~The Game Pass Thread~

Just raising my hand to second the recommendation. This was, I think, the only game I actually finished in 2022. Just loved it. Hope it sold/got played enough to earn a sequel.

I enjoyed the first hour of Nobody back when it came out on Game Pass. I guess now it’s time to go back and finish the game before it leaves. This is not an uncommon pattern for me!

I’m sure there will be a full Game Pass announcement later today, but I notice on the app that Stranded Deep is showing up under Recently Added. It has overall positive reviews on Steam, it looks like a survival game on a desert island or something?

Oh hey, this just left on November 30th and I’m seeing on the Game Pass app that it just got added back to Game Pass today.

Yay!

Mortal shell is worth playing, since it’s quick. It’s not the greatest souls like, but it’s worth playing through.

It was also a recent giveaway on Epic, in case anyone forgot they already have it there.

Hopefully, you didn’t buy Shadow Warrior 3 during the latest sale if you have a sub, because it seems that’s coming to Game Pass.

Agree, this is the pick of the bunch.

I did exactly the same thing. Played the intro up to the first dungeon initially and then got sidetracked. Picked it up again last night and wound up playing until actual quarter to three for the first time in a while. Hope I have time to finish.

Danganronpa is another one in the same category that I meant to get back to, but I doubt I’ll have time to power through both of them.

I’m back into it as well and really loving it. Great art style and the game mechanics are deeper than I expected. I’m on a mission to complete it before the 15th!

Oddly, if you check the Xbox app it appears that We Happy Few is leaving Game Pass on January 16. I say oddly because Microsoft owns Compulsion Games, who created the game. I found this article that indicates it was published by Gearbox though, so maybe the publishing license always had a limited life (which was apparently four years!)

Yeah, probably similar to how Torment: Numenera hasn’t always been on GP, despite MS owning InExile. They might own the studio, but not necessarily the games they put out prior to acquisition.

Ya, Nobody is very good. My kid and I are playing coop and single player quite a bit.

Good riddance! The artwork triggers me. I don’t know why.

No surprises. All stuff already announced. The surprises already came with Stranded Deep and Mortal Shell’s return.

My gamepass expired finally yesterday. I plan on waiting a pair of months (and use those to play some games on my backlog) before re-subscribing.

How can Microsoft screw up 2 factor authentication so badly? Ever since I turned on 2FA for my Microsoft account I can’t sign into the XBOX Gamepass app on my PC. I send a code to my other email, enter the code, looks like it works, then when I say Lets Play I get a message saying, Sorry we couldn’t sign you in. When I searched for help, it told me to create an App Password in the Microsoft security options for my account. OK, so I do that but there isn’t anywhere for me to put it.

Anyone get this working with 2FA turned on for their Microsoft account?

I’ve been using 2FA with my MS account for sometime and it works ok for me. I’m using the Authenticator app on my phone to approve access rather than sending codes to my phone, for what that’s worth. I do have to use the app password for my 360, since it doesn’t support 2FA.

I don’t know what the problem is. I set up 2FA with my microsoft account and use google authenticator. When asked i type in the code, it proceeds like it worked. Then when I choose Let’s Play is says too bad, user interaction is required.

Well, rebooting seemed to fix it. Not sure what the problem was.

Just in the nick of time, I have conquered Nobody Saves the World! What a terrific game. Took longer to finish than I expected.