~The Game Pass Thread~

I bought it, along with the Frozen DLC.

I also just barely finished in time.

I have really been enjoying Nobody…one of my favs so far the last few months.

Leaving time again. Good news, nothing long this time.

We’ve got:

• Donut County
  • Taiko no Tatsujin
  • Telling Lies
  • Worms WMD

All very short. Worms has two sets of achievements.

I had a lot of fun with Taiko and will be buying it when it gets a good discount. I have been buying games from the series on other platforms. My nephew really enjoyed Donut County.

I tried finishing Danganronpa last week, but ended up hating the game. There’s an anime that covers the same story before being spoiled playing Part 2. I’ll also be buying Nobody. That form changing stuff was pretty good :)

Donut County is awesome.

Really interested why you disliked it so much. I played it through a couple months ago and enjoyed it, though it certainly has some noticeable flaws. I thought the characters were really memorable. Currently playing through the second one now (in case it gets removed soon too).

I quite enjoyed it too, the characters and the investigations and the unfolding events.

What I didn’t like was the arcade/mini-game aspect of the trials, I would’ve liked those much more without that stuff.

I’d been looking for things that might youngest daughter might like, and found Pupperazzi the other week. She got to play a little bit that day, but then had to do some other things. She went to play again on Tuesday, and wasn’t able to. So I went to take a look at it, and dang it, it is no longer on Gamepass. So we might need to buy that one.

Sure. Most of the gameplay, the weird pervy stuff out of nowhere, the “2D” guy, and sometimes having no idea how to progress. I did like putting the manga together & some of the statement shooting stuff.

I probably would’ve really enjoyed it if it was a regular visual novel, so I’ll try the anime.

This has been working well for me.

The Playstation 4 Taiko just went on sale if anyone’ll miss that game. 90% off, so like 5 bucks. I think it has more songs, and about half of them are duplicates.

I started watching Peppa Pig on Paramount+ yesterday with my son, he really liked it so I started the Peppa Pig game on game pass today.

…and we just finished it about 40 minutes later. That’s my main complaint with it. It’s the shortest game I’ve played since Full Throttle. But with Full Throttle you get a full story. With this game, you just do some nice wholesome family activities and then it’s over. If this wasn’t on game pass but an actual purchase I would feel kind of pissed, I suspect.

But since it is on Game Pass, it made for a nice afternoon activity.

I’m having a ball with monster hunter rise.

Is it similar to the Soulsborne games? Fighting bosses? Or is it very different?

You have never played monster hunter? Rise is very much like monster hunter world.

Is much less brutal than souls games, with a much bigger focus on crafting and stuff.

The main gameplay loop is
Do missions to hunt monsters
Harvest body parts from those monsters
Use monster parts to craft better gear
Do harder missions

Then there’s all kinds of other side stuff like training familiars to accompany you, or send off on their own missions to harvest materials, etc.

It’s… Very Japanese? I’m not sure how else to describe it.

If you’ve never played monster hunter, it’s definitely worth checking out, it’s fun.

What are the main differences from World? I had fun with that, but just kind of petered out eventually.

It’s mostly the same game, maybe new monsters and maps? It’s going to have an expansion pack coming out soon, I believe.

There is the addition of a few different mechanics. There’s a fortress defense mode, and a new thing that lets you customize weapon move sets which is cool.

For instance, I always run the charge blade.

Normally, there’s a mechanism where you can do various moves and charge up the shield, then use that to charge up the sword. This new mechanic let’s you choose to swap out the thing that charges up the sword, for a move that instead morphs into axe mode and turns the head into a spinning chainsaw. Each weapon has numerous move switches that let you customize how you use it, which is pretty cool.

I found this pretty funny as it took me something like four years to finish Full Throttle after I couldn’t get through the minefield the first time I played it.

2 days before I can do the conversion gambit. Hopefully they don’t announce killing it at developer direct tomorrow. :)

I played Full throttle in 2001 or 2002. It was old by that point and I got it for $5 at half-price books. I didn’t have a TV for the previous 3 years so I was really starved for narrative content. It was the first adventure game I played where if I ran into a puzzle I couldn’t solve, I immediately went to Gamefaqs and looked up the solution instead of trying to bang my head against it. Like I said, I was starved for narrative content and didn’t want anything to interrupt the story. I loved it, but it is still the shortest game I’ve ever played, I think.

And it’s not off topic, because Full Throttle Remastered is on Game Pass! I recommend it. If you get stuck, look up the solution! :)