~The Game Pass Thread~

I strongly urge those who are intimidated by Tunic’s apparent difficulty to give it a chance, it is not remotely as punishing or demanding as a Souls game, even without turning on the no-stamina or no-damage modes. If I was able to get to the end, just about anyone can.

What annoyed me in the beginning when I was trying it is you had to do a number of fights again if you died. I can’t remember if it was the whole level or not, but that was annoying. I imagine it wouldn’t have been so bad once I got used to the game though.

My girlfriend likewise tried Tunic and was put off by the difficulty in the beginning. Then she watched me play and was like, “Wait…you don’t have to fight everything?” Indeed not, and in fact before you get the sword (I hope the presence of a sword is not a spoiler) many fights are dumb if not suicidal to engage in.

There were only a few particular parts of Tunic which got kind of bitchy in terms of difficulty.

I think we knew about most of these already. Maybe not Mount & Blade II and Shadow Warrior 3? Since Wild Hearts is an EA published title, they’ll have a 10 hour trial for GPU as part of EA Play.

Shadow Warrior 3 has been teased to be coming for a bit. I tried the previous Mount & Blade on GP a while back and the controls seemed awful. Perhaps they’ve worked on that for this version. I might try out the WH demo, but I dou t I’ll buy.

We wait with baited breath for your return to regal us with tales of begone mechanical travesties sent to the terrible emptiness.

Huh, we may have already talked about this in one of the threads for the games, but I found combat in Death’s Door easier and more satisfying. They were both challenging, but Death’s Door felt tighter with the input and parrying or dodging or whatever, while I occasionally felt I was fighting the game in Tunic.

To each their own, of course. I did already mention somewhere in Tunic that I probably should’ve used the assists at the most frustrating points; I probably would’ve enjoyed my experience overall more if I’d let go of my pride.

Totally agree that Death’s Door has much better combat. But I’m a lot less interested in a game like DD that is all about the combat (as far as I could tell) than Tunic, which is really about the puzzles, with combat as a source of friction between puzzles. If you could graft DD’s combat into Tunic, it would be perfect!

Hi-Fi Rush is surprisingly well put together. If the idea of a cel-shaded animated cartoon rhythm beat em up appeals, you should give this a whirl (especially since it’s free!)

I wanted to try Bannerlord, yay.

Cities Skylines Remastered is also free to all owners of the original game, and most of the DLC will be as well. I bought that one after playing it on gamepass for 200 hours lol.

I hope they fixed how laggy it gets when cities become monstrosities.

Looks like Madden 23 was added today. Anyone play it? Is it any better than the last few games in the series?

I tried persona 3. I can’t figure out if I ever played it. Don’t love the interface. You have to click on circles to act on objects in the map, kinda like Danganronpa. Don’t like playing two hours with one battle.

The copy of Persona was the PSP version. I really wish they would release the original game as the PSP version cuts out all the videos and has the streamlined interface. I’ll just play it via emulator. I own a real copy so eh…

On the other hand, P3P gives you full party control, more social links and option for female protag. Sadly meaning there is no definitive version of the game.

Give me the P3P version with cut scenes and I’d be good.

Looks like my gamepass subscription expires in a few days. I’m assuming the xbox gold loophole still exists? I’ve never actually done it before but I’m sure I can look in this thread and find the proper way to do it.

should put instructions on top of thread

1. make sure expired
  2. buy up to 3 years of subscription. you can get 1yr regular price from newegg/amazon at $50,$60. discounts even lower. check slickdeals
  3. then do the conversion

Usually, you can find some great deals from 3rd party sites like eneba, cdkeys etc. if you don’t have objections. When I re-upped in December I waited for a deal to pop up and I got 3 years for $110 USD.

It worked as of January 27th.

I ran into some wonkiness where it took the first one, but wouldn’t accept the other 2 for about 6 hours. Not sure what causes it, but it appears to happen sometimes. It eventually accepted the other 2 codes. My thought was maybe it was because I didn’t wait long enough after Microsoft informed me it expired for it to propagate through their whole system. So maybe waiting a day after expiration to do it avoids the delay.