~The Game Pass Thread~

I cry everytiem

An update on the Taco bell: The double Chalupa box was pretty good. That Diablo sauce is tasty. Basically the Chalupa has a lot of liquid gold (er, I mean something that looks and tastes like melted cheese… but it can’t be cheese since cheese can’t exist in a permanently melted state like that at room temperature) and “beef” (hopefully free of metals, since it was recently recalled for that reason). And I enjoyed drinking the Baja Blast Mountain Dew, I haven’t had that in ages. It also came with cinammon twists, which I’ve never had before, and they were way too sweet.

Overall, pretty delicious. Staying away from taco bell for a few years makes the heart grow fonder (and hopefully healthier).

(Oh yeah, and I didn’t win an Xbox One X. And I didn’t get an email from them yet about the UGP code).

Ah, I found the problem, my free month was sitting unredeemed. Fixed that!

By the way, Lonely Mountain: Downhill is a Play Anywhere game, so I was able to carry over my progress back and forth. When I quit for the night, I’d unlocked the third trail on the first mountain and unlocked the second mountain. I’m enjoying it, though I’m still not sure if I’ll stick with the camera-relative controls. I think tomorrow I’ll try the rider relative controls.

That’s what I happened to pick and I was glad I did. Fun little game!

Is XGPU one both PC and Xbox or just Xbox?

It’s everything - Xbox Live Gold, and both Game Passes.

I do in fact like Taco Bell and Game Pass for PC, so what is involved here? I have to give them my credit card and set up reoccurring transactions? Last time I did that years ago I had to call up MS to cancel, is that still true?

You don’t have to setup recurring transactions if you don’t want to. But they will give you an extra 30 days of Ultimate Game Pass if you do so. Right after they do that, you can go back to the billing page on the website and turn off recurring billing. No need to call MS to cancel.

Nope. Like @Rock8man mentioned, cancelling a recurring subscription is a simple visit to a webpage.

1. Sign in to your MS account: https://account.microsoft.com/?ref=MeControl
  2. Select the “Services & Subscriptions” option at the top: https://account.microsoft.com/services/
  3. Select the option to “Manage” your XGP(U) subscription in the list.

That’s it.

Yeah, I signed up earlier this year (before they made you use the Xbox app) for the “2 months for two bucks” trial when Crackdown 3 came out and had no problem cancelling.
BTW I downloaded and played Void Bastards for about 45 minutes yesterday. Pretty fun and very British. Is the narrator the same guy as the one from the Stanley Parable?

Thanks for the recommendation. This is a fun little game!

Thanks. So I see there is a limit of two per household and mention in the slickdeals thread of getting it twice.

So can I order two $5 boxes at once and get 88 days in total? Or do I have to do two separate transactions… hrm.

You would only get the 30 day bonus for signing up for reoccurring billing once I would think.

I am going to Taco Bell tomorrow!

That’s what I would think but this is the orginal poster -

Just to reiterate, this offer is best for people who have already upgraded to Ultimate by taking advantage of one of the recent offers. I personally purchased two brazilian 12 month xbox live gold codes from cdkeys for $37 each and used a VPN to apply those to my xbox account, got the extra free month for turning on recurring billing on each, then upgraded my account to Ultimate via the 1 month for $1 trial, and now after adding 88 days of Ultimate from this taco bell offer, my Ultimate subscription won’t run out until Sept 30, 2022 all for a grand total of like $80.

Wow, they really nailed the feel of the bike. I definitely recommend going rider relative controls.

I am finding it a bit frustrating that they insist on using the dpad for the menus, but it’s a minor complaint.

Ah. That explains why I couldn’t change the settings. I thought they locked them out until I played the game on default settings for a while. It didn’t occur to me to try the d-pad. Thanks!

Loving Lonely Mountain:Downhill, really nailed the feel of the bike and the brakes. Some great short cuts too.

I just received my email from Taco Bell. I followed the link in it and had to enter my information (name, address, phone, birthdate), and then got a code for redemption at xbox website.

When I did so, I did indeed get the offer to turn on recurring billing for a bonus of an extra month. Nice. So 44 days of Game Pass.

(I did go to Services & Subscriptions immediately and turned off recurring billing again).

I’m now good to go up to August 12, 2021 with UGP.

I did see the mention of only 2 of these offers per household. Does that mean I can do this again, under my own name, if I go to taco bell within the next couple of weeks?

Seems so!