~The Game Pass Thread~

Nice! I just bought it on PC recently. Happy to support them. But even happier to play it on Xbox instead for the achievements!

Hold your tongue, knave!

TQ didn’t compare to Diablo 2, one of the best games of all time, but it was excellent in its own right.

I tried really hard to get into it. I even finished the main game with one character, and I think 2 of the expansions maybe? Anyway, my main issue is that the moment-to-moment gameplay just doesn’t have oomph.

Luckily they learned their lessons and Grim Dawn is amazing. Nearly all the skills in Grim Dawn have Ooomph. But there are still a few that feel more like Titan Quest skills, but I just ignore those.

You’re talking about playing longterm. TQ didn’t grab me at the endgame either. I will say that at one point the TQ thread was one of the longest on this forum, though.

No, no, I’m talking first impressions. The skills weren’t satisfying to use.

The fact that I forced myself to finish it anyway is just my obsessiveness with ARPGs showing.

Oh? It’s been a very long time since I played but I though the skills were appropriately flashy. Or at least I didn’t feel negatively about them. Maybe you picked the wrong classes.

Planet of Lana is reviewing really strong. Should tide me over till Thursday.

My Game Pass Ultimate is due to expire in about 6 weeks. If I decide to keep it, is the Xbox Gold/conversion trick still around, or should I just find and load up on the cheapest 3-month grey market passes I can find?

The Gold conversion trick still works!

Cool! So if I recall, I should let my subscription expire, then add gold to my MS account and then do the conversion. Is it still a buck (or 1 month cost) to convert the 3 years of Gold to 3 years of Game Pass or did they diminish the conversion rate?

It’s $1 only if you’ve never done it before. It sounds like you have done it before, so this time the conversion is $15. But yeah, get 3 years of gold, then spend the $15 to convert all 3 years.

Nice. $5 / month is about my fiscal comfort level for Gamepass.

Farworld Pioneers and Chicory today, and then these upcoming games in June.

Leaving June 15th:

• Bridge Constructor Portal (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Chorus (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Maneater (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Mortal Shell (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Serious Sam 4 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Total War: Three Kingdoms (PC)

Darn it, I was enjoying Bridge Constructor Portal. I should have played more of it. I was also in the middle of Chorus and really enjoying that one. I still haven’t tried Maneater yet. And this is the second time Mortal Shell is leaving damn it. It feels like they just got that one back! Serious Sam 4’s first level was really boring. I don’t recommend it.

All of Serious Sam 4’s levels were so weird. It’s like they had all these left over Talos Principle levels and figured they’d just stick them in a Serious Sam game.

Car mechanic simulator is a weirdly chill game.

I found it very relaxing to diagnose what was wrong with a car brought into the shop based on the owner’s clearly nonsensical notes and then see checkmarks appear as I replaced certain parts.

It would make a decent game pass game, though it suffers from the same problems as other games in its family (eg PC Building Simulator). It’s hard to justify buying it at anything like full price, especially not if you’ve played one of the others in the series.

For sure. I bought the 2018 version and haven’t felt compelled to pick up anything more recent, but I’ll definitely have a swing at the 2021 game on GP.

No kidding. Throughout the level, I was doing whatever the equivalent of checking your watch during a movie is for FPS games.

I’ve had Mech Mechanic Simulator on my wishlist for ever waiting for a sale. It’s the only one in that genre that sounds interesting.

That said, what was that game way back on the C64 that had you swapping out engine parts and racing cars? Hot Rod or something? I had a ton of fun with that.