~The Game Pass Thread~

Was it Street Rod? Oh man, that takes me back. OK, I may need to check this one out.

Yes! That was it! So much fun. I don’t think k you actually do that sort of stuff in these Car Mechanic Simulator games, but I could be wrong.

There is a racing bit to it actually. Might be DLC though. You can certainly drive the car round a track in the base game.

Street Rod was gaddamn awesome!

We had that game installed in my HS computer lab in the 90s! That game is literally how I learned what a carburetor was.

On a similar note, playing one of these car mechanic games taught me more about how cars work than I should admit out loud. I honestly had no idea what a clutch was until I played one of these.

Can someone help me out by checking something on the Gamepass Cloud options?

I can’t see MLB The Show 23 on my cloud games, even though it was advertised as coming to Cloud+Console and I do have GP Ultimate.

I can see The Show 22, but 23 is not an option.

I just checked on my phone app. It’s listed as Cloud and console, and the “play” option is lit up for me. But I can’t actually launch it because I need to hook up a controller to my phone first.

Oh, and I should mention, there were two separate entries, one was MLB 2023 for Series X, that’s the one with cloud and console support, and a separate entry for Xbox One, that one you can only play on console. Maybe you’re trying to play that one on cloud?

Huh. Thanks for checking.

None of the '23 versions show up for me, so I’m not trying the wrong one - I can’t see any of them!

It’s just showing me '22 and when I start that it is '22… so it’s not just showing me the wrong cover.

Don’t know what’s happening here.

I was just playing MLB 23 via Gamepass last night so I can 100% verify it is on there.

You may have to manually update your Xbox app in the Microsoft Store. I’ve had to do that before when I couldn’t see a new game that everyone else could see. I’ve also had to re-install the whole app, but try the update first…you may have one stuck in there.

For some reasons I couldn’t see it from inside the App, but if I went to the Gamepass website I could see it and launch it from in there.

Weird, but given some of the hoops the XBox app has had me jump through over the years, not entirely unexpected.

Randy Sweetcakes is delighted to be back.

In case you missed it, today’s extended showcase from Xbox showed ten new indie games that will be coming to Game Pass day one. No date reveals, though.

Sucks they didn’t show any new game play in Avowed and Hellblade.

I wanted to try Neon White at some point, so nice! And I was also interested in the Wandering Village.

So awesome that we’re getting Neon White on Game Pass. I almost pulled the trigger on that multiple times when it was getting such great reviews. But I wanted to wait on the Xbox version if I could.

Here’s a text version of that list.

@TurinTur: Jinx! I was typing the same thing.

Bless you, my son.

I can’t wait for Sea of Stars on Game Pass. I loved Chained Echoes and I hope for another JRPG banger.

Aw man, my Gamepass ran out and I was gonna wait until Starfield to sign up again. I have a feeling The Bookwalker and Wandering Village are going to test that.

I can’t find the saved games for my PC Gamepass version of Railway Empire 2. Where are they? I can find the game itself by clicking on its ‘manage’ icon, but I don’t see saved games. I’ve looked in all the usual appdata places and can’t find it there, either.

Even if you don’t play this particular game, can you tell me where by default Gamepass puts saved games?

I’m away from my PC for a couple days, but will check when I get back. I don’t think there’s any default for Game Pass these days. It’s wherever the game decides, which is usually but not always in My Documents.