~The Game Pass Thread~

Three new Game Pass games announced in the Indie Showcase today.

1.Little Kitty, Big City (May 9)
2.Rolling Hills: Make Sushi, Make Friends (June 4)
3.SteamWorld Heist 2 (August 8)

Wait, what?

Looks like I have the first Steamworld Heist in my steam backlog. I should install it and try it out this summer before the sequel hits game pass.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will be coming to EA Play, and by extension PC Game Pass and Game Pass Ultimate, on April 25.

Speaking of EA Play, not sure if anyone noticed but looks like they silently added a few classic games, Populous: The Beginning, Alpha Centauri, and Sim City 3000. I just happened to see them in the ‘recently added’ section of the PC Game Pass app.

I noticed that too. It made me wonder what Populous: the beginning was. A more recent remake of the original? Or a misguided sequel?

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Populous yet.

It’s Populous 3. I remember quite liking it at the time even though it doesn’t play anything like the first 2. It’s sort of planetary Annihilation to the original’s SupCom. Definitely going to give it another go.

Oh! Who was asking about playing Alpha Centauri recently? Was it @jpinard ?

Seems like this is only for never-before subscribers? I let my GP expire last year. Is there still a good/cheaper than retail way to get 2-3 years via some Gold/Conversion scheme?

That should also work for lapsed subscribers. The only part you can’t get is conversion for $1, conversion to UGP will instead be $14.99. Not a big difference.

Hmm. Current pricing at that cdkeys link is $57/year Gold. So $171 for 3 years, + $15 for conversion is $186 for 2 years of Game Pass is $7.75 / month. I can get 3 months of PC GP for $21 after tax at eneba.com. Probably just drip and drab 3 months now and again over there. For all my fervor initially to get the long GP deals, I so rarely played GP games.

Aw man, not a big list of additions, but quite the long list of games leaving on May 15th:

• Eastern Exorcist (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Eiyuden Chronicle Rising (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2 (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Ghostlore (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Just Cause 4 Reloaded (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Norco (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Supraland Six Inches Under (Cloud, Console, PC)

The Rewinder (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available now
A 2D puzzle adventure game inspired by traditional Chinese folklore. You will take on the role of Yun, a “rewinder” who has the ability to enter people’s memories and influence their actions. By utilizing “senses” and swaying others’ “intentions”, you can change history.

Anyone heard of this one or tried it yet?

Norco is so good. As long as you’re not allergic to point and click adventure games it’s worth checking out for sure.

Argh, yeah. I keep hearing that. But I’m semi-allergic to story games, and then whenever I’m actually in the mood for one I’m usually on console, and controlling a point and click cursor with analog stick exacerbates it. So a half-doze times I’ve started it on Xbox and been intrigued, made a mental note to go back on PC, then never actually done so.

But maybe this removal will be the push I need!

I’ve had Rewinder on my Steam wishlist for awhile after I think it showed up as an outlier on a year end list awhile back. It’s Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam, FWIW. I’ve been close to picking it up since it’s on sale right now, but thanks to GP I guess I won’t have to!

They announced it during the indie thing yesterday, and stealth dropped it at the same time. It looks weird. I’m a good way.

Well, we will be able to judge if all those updates made the game worth it.

Yesssss. Now I just need time, so I can check out Lies of P and the new Lords of the Fallen, and Remnant 2. Being on game pass doesn’t help without some free time!

I’m in the middle of R2 right now and I’m goddamn loving it.