~The Game Pass Thread~

Wholly agree.

I reformatted/reinstalled just last month to “fix” this when MS Store apps/games (including those from GamePass) stopped accepting one of the drives as a destination and I could find no other fix.

Since then, uninstalling (successfully, seemingly?) from Settings->Apps has resultedin those useless 0x0000CEEBSWTFBBQ errors on two occasions. I was able to test redownload the same game/apps and uninstall from the Start menu by right-clicking it and choosing Uninstall without an error. So WTF knows? The whole obfuscated shitshow where UWP apps live/download-to/get-stored is a fucking mess.

Its sole redeeming quality is that it’s more stable and less choppy/slow than EA Origin.

I hope FTL has achievements!

Frostpunk is great, I am glad more people will get to enjoy it!

I’ve been waiting for an Xbox sale, now I don’t have to!

No one must be minding the store or giving a rat’s ass since there are some games that discontinue/turn off XBL/achievement functionality and leave the game on GamePass/MS Store to be boken for months without end, and turning off the video streaming cutscenes for what once was a flagship game in just recent 2016 for Quantum Beak DX12 for the MS Store version.

Stealth Inc 2

Supermarket Shriek:

Sweet! Children of Morta is up on Game Pass. I’ve been wanting to try that out.

Thanks for the reminder. Didn’t see it earlier and thought it was console GamePass only.

Oh nice! It’s a PlayAnywhere game, so I can go back and forth between Xbox and PC.

Not only that, but:

Very nice, I’ve been wanting to play both Gris and A Plague Tale.

I’d like to think my purchase of Gris in the Steam winter sale had something to do with this. You’re welcome!

A Plague Tale was sooo good from a story and environmental / atmospheric standpoint. I wasn’t crazy about the stealth / limited combat from the start, but it grew on me. This ended up as one of my favorite games this year.

Do you have to input a credit card or can I use monies I already have on my xbox account? I’ve had like $3.25 sitting there for 4 years that I could finally use some of.

Very nearly bought A Plague Tale over xmas, but blew my budget on other stuff. Glad I didn’t now!

Yep, Game Pass is kicking arse and taking names. So many great new releases.

A Plague Tale is fantastic. No regerts owning it.

And another one off the Wishlist.

Have they started restricting stuff to Ultimate only? Children of Morta wouldn’t install this morning, and googling the vague error code suggested I didn’t have access to it.

Nah, probably just a temporary error on the back end.

Hopefully it’s not like Night Call, where I just cannot get it past the title page, no matter how much they patch it or patch their app. But most people on the internet don’t seem to have any problem installing and running Night Call.

Can you fellow youth with GamePass PC try Supermarket Shriek and Stealth Inc (both are small downloads) and confirm for me if you get the account sync errors too?

I can do it later tonight after work. Knowing you the little that I do here rei, I think that will be too late for you. :P

Just tried Stealth Inc 2, error saying unable to sign me in to Xbox Live. (UK) Some games seem to work fine (Everspace, Vampyr I tried).

I can get Stealth Inc 2 to start by dismissing the error though.