~The Game Pass Thread~

Dirt Rally 2.0 does not work. It works once, but after PC is restarted or shut down, it throws some error about storage being offline. Plenty people reported it on MS forums, issue remains.

Had to buy humble choice instead. Annoyed.

It’s worked fine for me since it’s been on Game Pass.

I finally uninstalled it and went back to the steam version though, since I’d earned all the Xbox Live achievements, and I only owe all the DLC for the steam version.

Good for you! Do you have it installed on the default drive or on another one?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/dirt-rally-20-not-working-xbox-pc-app/8383587a-4680-49fe-931d-213bd2af1c8a

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/dirt-rally-20-cant-open-because-it-is-offline/ebbcd84a-ae9c-4a1a-bbea-11d8bed2a618

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/keep-getting-error-code-when-trying-to-launch-game/5aaa04d5-f4ed-4a75-9a69-da1be6c721c1

…and no useful solutions.

Why can’t MS just fucking use normal unencrypted files like any other sane company.

I have 4 drives, where only the C: drive is an SSD, and yes, for some reason DiRT Rally 2.0 would only install on the C: drive at the time, all the other options were grayed out.

But I think I was having that problem with all Game Pass games back then? So I thought it was related to that. (That Game Pass problem was subsequently fixed in general for Game Pass games in a patch to the beta software).

Well, on last day I unpaused the humble choice sub so I can get functional DIRT 2 on steam so I will not be trying to install the GP version on default drive…

Still, ridiculous

edit: I guess you have to click the link to see it, but Final Fantasy XV, Wolfenstein Youngblood and Death’s Gambit are coming to Game Pass for PC this month.

Woah. I wasn’t expecting to have access to Final Fantasy XV or Youngblood any time soon. What is Death’s Gambit?

Some kind of action RPG, apparently. I’m not familiar with it either.

Looking forward to Wolf: Youngblood. The two protagonist chicks look hilarious and I’ve heard nothing but good things.

I’d rather play on Xbox though so hopefully it’s set to,show up there too.

Souls-y side scroller iirc.

You forgot the /s

That would not be efficient. Everything kerzain posts is /s to one degree or another. The trick is to find out how much.

My cheapo sub is about to expire and I was thinking of letting it lapse. I’d be leaving Planetfall and Phoenix Point kind of in the middle, but is that so bad? Right up on the Chick parabola.

But I wouldn’t mind trying Youngblood, and surely Control is just off-stage, so maybe l need a new cheapo deal :)

Might I propose … MS Rewards? I realize I harp on this a fair bit, but I’ve been doing this for several years and I seriously can’t remember the last time I paid actual money for Xbox Live or Game Pass.

We’ve got the message Satya.

All right, I’ve said my piece, I am out. You want to spend money on stuff you don’t have to, that’s between you and your wallet.

You get the PC-only version of Game Pass right? Isn’t that only $5? Or did you convert to Ultimate?

BTW, in case it hasn’t been posted here before, for those of us who got in on that weird deal of converting to Ultimate and setting it up to charge five cents a day after the trial period? Yeah, that’s not happening, apparently. Check and change/cancel your subscription accordingly before the three months run out.

Ultimate yeah. CD Keys have a 6 month deal for $35 ish though.

Thanks for letting us know.