~The Game Pass Thread~

Best I see right now is CDKeys. It sporadically goes on sale though, so keep your eyes on CheapAssGamer’s deals feed.

Unavowed is relatively short and well worth completing.

When I accidentally let my Gamepass expire there was a certain amount of relief… No pressure to try all that stuff I should :)

Back to the bit mines with you!

I’ve thought about that, but it includes Gold for my kid’s Xbox…well, it used to be my Xbox, but I haven’t been able to play it in years. hehe.

I’ve got two weeks to finish Unavowed! It’s quite good - I was aiming to finish it this week anyway.

Endless Space 2 was added. Is it any good? I’ve been meaning to try Endless Legend but the space setting is more appealing to me.

For free it might be worth a spin. I find the Amplitude games to be pretty good just to see the difference mechanics each race has, they are the top of their field in that area, IMO. Aside from that, I don’t find it to be a very good 4X.

Fallout 76 just landed and is available for DL now. This is for PC, I haven’t checked console.

I have to admit, this headline from Comicbook for a moment:

Xbox Game Pass Adds Fallout 76, a Critically-Acclaimed RPG, and More

This became an absolute waste of time. I’m not able to play the game, because apparently I don’t have the right ports open or something, and I am not the kind of person who’s willing to spend 1/2 a day trying to figure out how to make a game work. I left those days back in the 90’s and early 00’s.

Every other online game I play, from MMOs, to Conan Exiles, to Sea of Kings, Path of Exile, etc work “out of the box” by just connecting and playing. Why the fuck does Bethesda think anyone wants to jump through hoops to play this game. Especially since I want to play solo and could give fuck all about playing with others.

The only question I have is if this issue affected me on PC, would it be the same on Xbox? I’m guessing since it’s the same router/ports it would. Best to just walk away from this mess.

Who knows. Never had any issues whatsoever connecting on Xbox. It might use the Live infrastructure for network communications and you might be ok there? Only way to know is to try it though.

I had one issue with F76 (don’t remember the error message), but it was fixed by going to game settings (on PC) and allowing online play. They were already set to allow, but for some reason I had to confirm it, and then it worked after restarting the game.

Nothing about ports though.

Installed F76, launched the game. From the title screen, this popped up:

Which left me stuck at the title page. I had to alt+F4 to get out.

No idea what it’s about. There are no privilege options under the Gamepass profile settings.

Launched the game a second time, and didn’t get another error message. So I guess it’s working fine now?

I’m having other problems with F76, it appears to be CPU-bottlenecked on my system and runs like a dog. Considering everything I’ve read about this game, I’m not inclined to spend time troubleshooting or optimizing it.

That’s the message I got too. But after I restarted the game, this is the message I’ve been getting since then:

I had the same issue. The game was installed on a different hard drive than Windows. After moving it to the same drive, it worked. I am guessing buggy installation with Game Pass not finding a file or something.

Welcome Bruce Barnett!

Thanks for the heads up. Re-install on the C: Drive is not a message I would have derived from “Vault-Tec engineers are hard at work getting our servers back online!” on my own.

Unfortunately, my C: drive doesn’t have that much room, so I guess I’ll have to wait for a patch to play the game.

Thank the obfuscated file system of MS Store apps. Consider yourself lucky you didn’t (yet?) have it fail with the typical useless MS error 0xx0x039833249823408 during moving apps between drives or refuse to install wittout reason to specific drives that can’t be fixed without reformatting Windows. Seriously. Inaccessible for app downloads/installs via Windows 10 Storage settings. As a 20+ year MS tech-supporting IT professional I can’t figure out.

Or shit, stuff just begins working/breaking again like it did for @BrianRubin

I still don’t know what I did to get it working.