~The Game Pass Thread~

MS Store getting an overhaul. At last!

Our goal is to provide an inclusive and intuitive experience for everyone…

How, I wonder, will they provide an “inclusive” experience?

I’m trying Descenders from PC Gamepass and the controls keep locking up. Like work great for about 10 seconds then my gamepad just stops. Except every few seconds it will take a button or slight stick input then nothing. It even did this in a menu page. I thought maybe my controller (Xbox clone that I’ve used for years) was going bad but it works fine on Trackmania. I haven’t played Sea of Thieves in a while, but I’ve used this controller with it so I assume its a game problem not a Gamepass problem.

Dammit. Now I wish I had GP Ultimate- I’m always on the lookout for a game that might play nice with my Surface.

New trailer for the 15th of September “Play on android” beta:

And the controllers:

From that article:

That’s not a bad price for that clip, right? When I was in the beta, when I played it on my phone, playing it without a clip was really hard. I has trying to find things to prop up the phone while I had the controller in my hand, and it’s surprisingly hard to find a good spot where the phone doesn’t slip down.

Yep. That one is surprisingly cheap. Doesn’t look as comfortable or familiar to hold as the other ones but, for the price, it might be a great one to try out playing on my phone.

Those controllers are sweet. Shame they don’t support iPhone. Depending on how well these games run, these might be worth making the switch back over to android.

iOS support will come eventually. There’s a test version of the app on iOS already. I suspect they’re still negotiating the in-app purchase fees with Apple.

MS Store. On Xbox. As in. The console.

MS Store in Windows is never going to get better. Ever. It Is Known.

That’s hilarious. All those completely impractical ways to play, all shown in a single video! The dude sitting on a window made me laugh.

Thank you for pointing this out to prompt me to watch it. I needed a good laugh.

But where is my representation of rural America? Where is the immigrant cowhand wiping the sweat from his brow before stretching out on a pile of hay, playing on a tablet hung from the side of a rustic barn?

Don’t think xCloud is gonna fly on the spotty 2G cell phone networks in those areas. :)

Since when has marketing been realistic? Haha!

Perhaps this means innovating for gamers with disabilities?

New additions.

Nope, they killed all iOS efforts today.

Wow, that’s a shame.

I have just been adding game pass games to steam link using an app called Glosc I found. It’s kind of janky but not too hard to get working with my iPad and a controller. Would have been nice to have had a native solution.

How have you gotten the controller to work. I can’t seem to get my Xbox controller to work with any game pass games while wired to the steamlink connected to my tv

I use a PS4 dualshock on my iPad over bluetooth which works. The one issue is the home button doesn’t bring up the steam guide. Which would be nice to bring up the gui to fine tune my controller settings (or quit/switch out of games) but I haven’t been able to get it to work.