The Gamecock guys really are cocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIDDAtVLRZw

In short, The Gamecock guys storm the stage of the Spike VGA awards to interrupt Ken Levine accepting the Game of the Year award for Bioshock. Hope those guys aren’t planning on working for Take Two anytime soon.

I mean, really we are talking about the Spike TV gamer awards here, where they reveal the winners as painted on naked models bodies. I don’t think there’s anyone who possibly takes them seriously. But yeah, lame publicity stunt nonetheless.

It is unfortunate that they didn’t respect the sanctity of the Spike videogame awards, which, it is my understanding, also prominently featured topless women.

edit: too slow!

They might be dicks, but interupting the show to storm the stage is the only proper response to an awards show this lame. I can’t imagine respected producers actually showing up to accept awards unless their arms were being twisted by the publishers.

That is quite amazing. No wonder the game industry is viewed as puerile.

I’m sure Ken is glad they mocked Bioshock’s award instead of the award for Mountain Dew.

Which is especially funny, because these awards aren’t a game industry thing, they are a Men’s TV Channel thing.

Puerile indeed.

That awards ceremony is lame beyond words. Who actually pays for it?

I’m assuming nobody actually watches them. How does it turn a profit? Does it exist just so publishers can put “Winner of VGA Award [X]” on their boxes or something similar?

I just don’t get it.

I wonder if my Doritos powered game on XBL will have a shot at the Mtn Dew award next year?

Or that awesome Yaris driving game.

an awards show this lame

That awards ceremony is lame beyond words.

You fools! Don’t you see what you’re doing. Some schmuck who works for the awards show is going to find this page, see you two describing it as “lame”, and then conclude, “They think the show is lame, eh? Well then, next year we’ll have to make it even more EXTR3ME!!!11”

I’m sure Ken would rather be anywhere else then at this Maxim showcase for manboys.

True but you would think that for such a lame show, the cock guys would of had some sense not to pick the only non lame moment in the show to make their little protest.

Wait, Spike TV still exists?

Wait, Gamecock still exists?

The best thing about that clip is that it confirms Ken’s assertion here that Pierre Gobbi’s (as voiced by Greg Gobbi) accent was real. He’s a walking French-accent stereotype!

Ken just looked bemused.

I happened to hit that “Water in Wine” diary again last night, and man oh MAN is that a bad French accent. :) Maybe we’re so used to hearing fake ones that when we hear a real one, we think “Damn, where’d they find THAT guy?”

I bet Spike TV disagrees, and think that bioshock looks pretty lame. art deco? pffft, they didnt’ have Mountain Dew in 1950!!! Gamecock saved the show!!

OMG I hate the industry some days. Its bad enough that you cant have an RPG without buxom elf wenches, but this???
I really hope one day that the average age of gamers is high enough that we can grow out of this crap.

I just think if they were going to go to such lengths to get attention they should have thought of something funny to say when they got up there.