The General, All-Purpose Forum Game Thread (that is interesting)

You are a scholar and a gentlemen. I’ll be getting pretty hard-core historical and colorful with my posts. We may even have a return of Chicken Guts!

Chicken%20Guts

This should be pretty fun, but I wouldn’t want to jump into such a thing before seeing it first. I was terrible enough in that other negotiation game to know it wouldn’t end well. That and time.

Alright, i’m down.

Cool. @Panzeh
1.) Has Played before.

2.) Knows the rules (and how disorganized they are written).

3.) is an overall good fellow.

For anyone who’s watching this thread but missed the new one:

After the holidays are solidly over, say in late January or early February 2019, would anyone be interested in a Play By Forum game of Empires in Arms? I will moderate. We’ll need 7 players.

This is me paying it forward for @rho21’s marvelous game of Republic of Rome.

Republic of Rome forum game

I’m down for this.

Cool, I’d hoped so. :) We’ll need six more.

Oh gosh, sounds interesting. May be a bit more involved than RoR with the board, I’m assuming, being more important?

I’d say about as involved. The board is important…but also not overly complex.

Well, I’m definitely interested. Depends on how active our RoR game is by then.

I am happy to sign up for this one @Navaronegun.

Wow, I loved the period, and owned EiA, but never managed to find a group to play it.

Count me in as a possible (for one of the lesser powers).

Ok, with @Juan_Raigada and maybe @Kolbex that gives us 4 players. I know @Panzeh is interested as well. So that would be 5.

The rules are long, but most deal with very specific situations or units types, or whatnot (Feudal Cavalry, Landwehr units, etc) that really only apply to a specific power at a specific time. Don’t get dismayed or overfocus on that. Just look at the basics and meat and potatoes of the rules, new players.

We should start to have a conversation about Advanced Rules and Options sometime soon as well. I plan to get all arty withnthe game thread, so I won’t start that yet. Maybe in January. Any thoughts on the version of the rules to use? I’m happy with the originals, personally.

Just joined up, I’m in a gaming discord with Panzeh, I’d love to give it a try, I’ll be anyone except France, that’s far too much pressure.

If @Panzeh vouches for you, you’re ok in my book. Welcome aboard! I’d ask you to take the time to check out this thread, get acquainted, and, if you can (or anyone else playing) consider helping our host here, @tomchick, who makes this place possible. It is his side patio basement rec room (metaphorically) we’re setting our board up in. :)

Again, welcome aboard!

Thanks, glad to be here! I’ll take a gander at the rules, I’d be a lousy lawyer if I didn’t

We still need to decide on a version…there have been so many revisons and whatnot. Personally, I think Vanilla is just fine.

http://www.boardgaming.info/EIA-archive/downloads.php

By the way, if you are into wargames, we have a thriving, always contentios Grognard thread that is a lot of fun. 10 years old and still kicking.

And a really enjoyable Republic of Rome thread happening here:

Enjoyable in the sense that we’re all going to die. 😂

Woah. 100 hours? That’s ambitious. I’ll follow this thread, as I’d love to play more PBF here. (@Juan_Raigada’s awesome Bios: Megafauna thread was a blast.) But I… I guess I’m just not hardcore enough for wargaming:( Kinda wish I’d gotten in on that RoR game though; that looks fun.