The Golf Club 2 deserves its own thread. It really is that good.

lolno

This was pretty much my experience with TGC 2019, btw.

OK… ok… maybe Neo Turf Masters is only the best game of golf with a swing meter… you could probably put Tiger Woods 2011 on Wii above it thanks to the fantastic motion plus swing controls and TrueView.

Is this the game you mean?

That’s the one.

Looks like it can be downloaded here, plus tons of courses:

http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/pga2000/index.htm

I’ll have to try it.

http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/pga2000/utilities.htm

There’s no elevation. That makes it not a good golf game.

Best review yet of the new game

I chip up to the green for an easy tap-in on a par 3, I’m about two yards from the cup. I line up my shot and gently nudge the ball hole-wards. There is a slight incline and I pass 1.5 inches to the left, ball speed 1/3 mph. I groan as I remember these greens were laser cut by the T1000. My ball rolls toward a gentle slope. It keeps rolling. It picks up speed down the slight incline, flying faster and faster over the 1.2 mm tall grass. I wait.

And wait.

It’s 2077, I’m 98 years old. My ball is still gently rolling away from the hole, now on the other side of the 18 yd wide green. I die. My ball rolls up a slight greenside embankment, and reverses direction. Another 59 years pass.

2136, my putt creeps back to the hole and drops. I make birdie. Bottle rockets launch from my gravesite. My great great grandchildren turn off my computer and put flowers at the foot of my weathered and barely readable gravestone.

“Nice putt, pop pop.”

Holy crap.

That sorta makes me want to pick it up now. :)

Putting with the three wood you say?

These early impressions aren’t great. I was planning on waiting and seeing what they did with the PGA license anyway but reading this thread has been discouraging to say the least.

Also, Desert Golfing is easily (EASILY) the best golfing game ever made, no disrespect to Links. It’s got intuitive putting and lots of elevation, so everyone’s happy!

I couldn’t resist picking this up! All downloaded, but out to the bar for an hour or two. I will report back once I get some time with it.

So this is down to $12.49 now.

Has it become…good?

Given the way the putting works in this series it’s now only about $15 too expensive.

Other opinions are available.

I liked it. I haven’t played in a while so I don’t know what kinds of courses were added. The course plays a big part in whether the putting is too frustrating or not. Too many course creators made the greens very fast with too much slope.

In my experience the The Golf Club games are meant to be played with a gamepad, making smooth and straight movements with an analog stick.

The majority of negative reviews seem to stem from the underdeveloped mouse controls optional in the PC version.

With gamepad controls I enjoyed both the first and second game a lot and pulled the trigger on the 2019 edition right now for this all time low price.

An alternative also on Steam is Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf, but that one seems to have other shortcomings and has never been on sale.

And good old, tried-and-true Links 2003 is still going strong on modern systems when patched.

OMG, LINKS! That was my FAVORITE. I think I’ll buy THAT.

I strongly recommend downloading the demo and seeing if you can get that to run first. I had no success with it finding a video card or even being able to change the swing types.

IT WORKS! OMG. I can’t wait to try this.