The Golf Club 2 deserves its own thread. It really is that good.

I think the game shows ghosts of friends if I remember right.

Ah ok, then they won’t see my shameful 12 over par.

There is a bunch of stuff that comes turned on stock, that you have to configure, one of them is auto showing a ghost opponent every time you play.

£2.49 is less than a cup of coffee so ive added it to the rather large list of unfinished games in my list

Hey, that’s my ghost you played against! I haven’t played in quite a while, but I did enjoy it. My Dad and I played a round together every Saturday for a while. We might consider picking up the next version when it comes out.

This is on sale for another 26 hours. I was going to pick it up but after reading some of the reviews I am still holding off. But…I really, really want a reason to spend my hard earned three bucks!

Are the swing mechanics (particularly the putting ones) really that bad?

No. In fact I think the ball physics especially spin on irons is much better than the latest version.

I feel its a solid pc golf game for $3.

:D

I thought it was excellent, except the greens were all made out of ice and were on 30-45 degree slopes. It was enough for me to stop playing.

It allows me to 3 and 4 putt around the hole like in real life.

#realisim.

Seems my current ghost is @robc04 , and I rage quit after the first hole. :)

Cool he seems on my level of skill.

Oh a bunker…

When the chip shot out gets you on the green then you put and it rolls up and back down behind you. :|

They limited my shame thanks to the 7 stroke limit. :)

Gotta play this game when I don’t spend the day before cutting trees and my hands have some form of muscle control.

This is entirely dependent on which courses you choose to play. I hate the ones that choose to increase the course difficulty by making the greens unrealistically hard. I stopped playing the higher difficulty courses because it seemed like they all did this. I enjoyed things much more when I moved to playing easier courses. To make up for the easier difficulty, I turned off the scouting camera. This makes the game more immersive and rewarding. You do sometimes run into frustrating blind shots, but not too frequently.

Yeah if I ever get the golf game itch again I’ll get this one back out and try that, thanks

Putting is where a lot of the difficulty comes from on some of the courses. Like arrendek mentions some have crazy slopes and are very fast. The ones that keep the parameters in a more normal range are the fun ones.

I could not resist the sweet siren song (and cheap price) any longer and picked this up before the sale ended.

Can someone explain tempo to me? I did not see any tempo gauge in the lower right hand corner and had to skip that tutorial lesson because I couldn’t pass it.

it’s about a smooth movement, not too fast or too slow both taking the club away and delivering down to the ball. Think of it like a pendulum, a consistent movement not jerky

Seems like a good use of three bucks. See you birdies on the links.

I think it would be cool to have a Moon golf course. That would probably be super hard, but it’d be fun to see the ball go for such crazy distances.

You could probably set that up in Kerbal Space Program!

-Tom

The layout and physics would crumple KSP 1, but it might work in KSP 2!

I applied for membership in the Qt3 society (nice logo), and I did my first course: Yuma Desert Golf Club. My ghost was Mr. Holeinthewall. I finished 10 over but only 2 behind him. Rough start (and finish, frankly), but I did get a couple birdies. Very relaxing after smashing my face into Dark Souls 2 for a while.